February 2011 Moms

curious...what is going on when it feels like LO is spazzing out in there?

I get these crazy weird spasms in my belly like he's going crazy in there...I wonder what is going on. Does anyone know?

Re: curious...what is going on when it feels like LO is spazzing out in there?

• Lol... I feel this too all the time, like sudden jerky motions. Unfortunately I couldn't explain it to you, as long as he moving I'm happy! : )

• I wonder about this all the time!  Especially when it happens and I haven't eaten anything.  If I eat, I can at least blame it on the food, but sometimes I'll be sitting in class and my stomach will start to go crazy, and it's just soo odd lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree!  I have no idea and want to ask my doctor.  Its almost like he/she is flippin gout in there!
  • It might be hiccups. I get updates from BabyCenter.com, and they say around 27 weeks and on, any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling is probably baby hiccups and each episode lasts a few moments.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was going to ask the Ob about this today. I swear sometimes it scares me- it feels like he is having seizures in there every once in awhile. I thought something was wrong ...
  • This freaked me out so much with DD#1 because it almost feels like the baby's having a seizure or something- luckily it is completely normal!  I've experienced those strange fast, jerky movements with all three of my pregnancies.  The thing that surprised me even more was that they do it when they come out too!  For the first few weeks some newborns have this strange seizure looking movement in their sleep from time to time and if you are not prepared it looks really scary.  My dad is a pediatrician and he explained to us that it's just because the baby's nerves sometimes mis-fire or over-fire.  That along with DD#1's eyes rolling back in her head (also completely normal) made for a panicky first week home for me and DH!
  • I wonder about that too! At times it feels like LO is riverdancing on one side of my belly while "raising the roof" on the other side at the same time!
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Phew! Good to know. Sometimes the LO kicks out and you can feel the little feet through the belly too!!
  • ok i feel better now...omg its kinda scary and the seizure thing is EXACTLY what it feels like...i was pretty worried lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"