Infertility
Options

Realize why I'm so down and anxious

First, I hate to be a complaining Debbie Downer who only sees negativity and am so happy for all the recent successes.

I have been particularly down and anxious recently and realize a possible explanation for it.  Hanukkah begins tomorrow evening and my husband's automobile crash (refuse to call it an accident when the other driver is focused on a video text instead of on the road) happened during this time.  It elicits all kinds of not happy memories and flashbacks.  Maybe once the anniversary passes and the holidays are over I'll be more optimistic and less feeling like the biggest loser.

No point except thinking out loud. 

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Realize why I'm so down and anxious

• Options

That makes total sense.  I mean, your lives were changed forever this time last year, and that's a hard thing to not only reflect back on, but still deal with on a daily basis.

I really hope you are in better spirits soon, my friend.  <3

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekimarino13:

That makes total sense.  I mean, your lives were changed forever this time last year, and that's a hard thing to not only reflect back on, but still deal with on a daily basis.

I really hope you are in better spirits soon, my friend.  <3

What Kim said!

Thinking of you Molly...

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel like that too sometimes, like i need the anni to pass as a type of closure. 

Maybe after this is a full yr behind u, u will feel a lot better.

I'm looking forward to shutting the door on 2010.  It marks our IF dx, IVF, BFP, then m/c and d&c.  All in between this Christmas and last.

So i get it...i can't wait to put this yr to bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can definitely see how being back at this time of year would start bringing up some very bad memories.  Hoping you can get through this together and see how far you both have come from last year!  *hugs*
  • Options
    imagevanessagorc:

I feel like that too sometimes, like i need the anni to pass as a type of closure. 

I'm looking forward to shutting the door on 2010.  It marks our IF dx, IVF, BFP, then m/c and d&c.  All in between this Christmas and last.

That's a lot of losses to absorb in a short period of time. 

Dec 2008-Dec 2009 wasn't such a great period either-DH's beloved grandfather's death, IF diagnosis, DH's reaction and then resistence to treatment and the effect it had on marriage and then the crash. 

Let's hope that 2011 is a better year for both of us.

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageMoFree:
    imagevanessagorc:

That's a lot of losses to absorb in a short period of time. 

Dec 2008-Dec 2009 wasn't such a great period either-DH's beloved grandfather's death, IF diagnosis, DH's reaction and then resistence to treatment and the effect it had on marriage and then the crash. 

Oh no, so u have 2 yrs you need to "shut the door on".  Sometimes it's just too much.  I hope time helps to heal both of us... AND a much better 2011!!!!!

Let's hope that 2011 is a better year for both of us.

• Options
    That sounds totally reasonable. I hope that the new year is a fresh start for both of you. Big hugs.
    +++
  • Options

Hopefully things start to look up for you once the anniversary passes!

i know I won't miss 2010 either!

Big ((hugs))

• Options

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Options
    huge ((HUGS)) 
    ::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope that 2011 brings you only good things! ((hugs))
  • Options

I'm sorry it's been such a tough year for you-hope 2011 brings you everything you deserve-health, happiness and a BFP!  Big Smile

Do you see a therapist?  I think you've been through so much, maybe it would help to have someone to talk to about it?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    (((huge hugs)))  here's to a much better 2011 for you and yours!  Drinks
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I can totally see where you are coming from. You guys have been through so much in the last year and the holidays are just a reminder of what happened. Our first loss and D&C was Christmas Eve 2 years ago, but it still really gets me down.

I hope next year is better for you hon.

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

of course you're feeling down and anxious, a year ago you were scared to death for your husband and everything that lay ahead for his recovery and your future.

it makes perfect sense.  i'm so sorry cutie.

((HUGS))

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"