3rd Trimester
Options

When to start Evening Primrose Oil?

Have you started it? When did you begin? Thanks!

Re: When to start Evening Primrose Oil?

• Options
    For DD1: I started taking it orally around 35 weeks and vaginally around 36 weeks.  I have not used it for this baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

*lurking*

https://www.pregnanthealth.com/evening-primrose-oil/

"Though evening primrose oil is not likely to trigger labor directly, you can still take evening primrose oil to help the body in its natural process. Many midwives recommend starting a supplement of evening primrose oil during the 34th week of pregnancy. You can start by taking one or two 500 mg capsules every day. When you reach 38 weeks, you can begin taking up to four capsules of evening primrose oil every day. At this time, you can also begin inserting one or two capsules vaginally every day as well. This can be a more effective method of softening the cervix, since the oil will come in direct contant [contact] with the cervix. You can do this every night before bed, which gives the evening primrose oil plenty of time to be absorbed while you sleep."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagerobs867:
    For DD1: I started taking it orally around 35 weeks and vaginally around 36 weeks.  I have not used it for this baby.

Dirty girl... Stick out tongue

• Options
    I have been taking 2000 mg orally since 34 weeks, at 36 weeks I plan to take 2000 mg orally twice a day, and at 37 weeks I will take 2000 orally twice a day and 2000 mg vaginally until delivery
  • Options
    Interesting - I have never heard of this...maybe I should consider doing it?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers image image Photobucket
  • Options
    Ive never heard of it either but just read it's good for acne too. Wouldn't hurt to try and maybe keep my face clear too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"