Breastfeeding
Options

Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Double Electric Breast Pump

Anyone use this? I am being offered it by a friend, opened but never used because they werent able to breastfeed, but couldnt return.... selling it to me for $200

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4239855

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Double Electric Breast Pump

• Options
    I have it and really like it, also Ameda has great customer service.  When did your friend buy the pump?  The warranty is only good for a year so if it has been longer than a year or the warranty is almost out of date I would ask her to lower the price or buy a new one.  Amazon has it on sale for 250, which is only 50 more and you will have the warranty if something goes wrong.https://www.amazon.com/Ameda-Purely-Yours-Ultra-Breast/dp/B003CL8ICQ
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I got mine unused and unopened for $100 on Craigslist. I like it, but it's more noisy now than it was when I bought it, so I'm wondering about its life expectancy... but in the meantime, it works great!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been using it since day 1 and love it.  Never had a problem with it.  I really like mine and would suggest getting one, but you could probably find it cheaper online somewhere.  Sounds like your friend is trying to get her $$ back, and I don't blame her.  But you have to decided what you want to do.  It is a great pump though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

She's asking too much.

The Ameda Purely Yours is the same as the Lansinoh Double Electric that you can get on Amazon for $103. And the warrenty has value - when I was losing suction Lansinoh over-nighted me ALL the replaceable parts for FREE. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    Thats all great info everyone, thanks! I guess she opened the pump, then didnt use it, so its barnd new and they bought it a few months back for $299. I will keep my eyes open tho for better deals! Thanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMystery2B:

She's asking too much.

The Ameda Purely Yours is the same as the Lansinoh Double Electric that you can get on Amazon for $103. And the warrenty has value - when I was losing suction Lansinoh over-nighted me ALL the replaceable parts for FREE. 

This is the original purely yours the ultra is a higher end model that comes with more bells and whistles and a higher price.  Some of the main differences include custom flanges, ice pack, bottles, etc... There are versions of the original that come with some extras but also has a higher price. Basically for 100 you are only getting the pump and a set of flanges, and two bottles . If you are looking to save money I think you will be fine with the basic model considering it is basically the same pump.  My pump fits in my computer tote with my computer so in reality you don't need the bag.   I do love the cooler and car adaptor and use both all the time.  I also needed larger  flanges so when I added the extras I needed it was worth the extra money for the ultra. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I agree about the warranty being important. If for some reason the pump gives you trouble, you may not still be under warranty if/when it happens. The Purely Yours Ultra is a great pump though. All the extra accessories are totally worth the $.

I noticed that BreastPumpsDirect.com is selling the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra with a $50 rebate. https://www.breastpumpsdirect.com/Ameda_Purely_Yours_Ultra_Breast_Pump_17085.htm

You might want to look into that before it expires.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"