Cincinnati Babies
Options

Recommend your face cleaners

I'm going nuts. My normally oily skin has gone on the warpath and is 20X worse than before. I look like a teenage boy. Break outs and black heads galore. My skin is slick with oil before noon. I am willing to try almost anything. The budget doesn't allow for super expensive products. Anything non expensive that you recommend for super oily skin. I hardly ever wear makeup if that matters.

Re: Recommend your face cleaners

• Options
    My derm told me to wash my face with plain old, unscented, dove bar soap and a wash cloth. I don't wear makeup too often either but when I wash with just soap and water it does seem to help. I sometimes use safeguard soap too if that's what I have in the bathroom. The bar soap helps to dry out the skin but it doesn't leave me with super dry and flaky skin. I do use a moisturizer every single day though. It's Aveeno brand and it's to prevent breakouts. You would think I would remember exactly what it's called since I use it every day but I can't remember off the top of my head.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I've used the Neutrogena Oil-free Acne Wash since I was in high school and it really works for me.  I like that it works, is cheap, and I don't have to order it or go to some specialty store to get it.  Whatever you end up trying, check with your doctor first.  Some face cleaners have some pretty nasty chemicals in them. HTH

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this isnt what you want to hear but when I was pregnant my skin was HORRIBLE (flashback to awkward 7th grade horrible)  and no face wash worked to make it better. For me it was b/c of the hormones and it didnt clear up until a few months post-partum (which makes sense since my face generally breaks out a little when I'm about to start my period/on my period). Anyhow I was always told not to use anything w/ salcycic acid in it (which IMO cuts out half the good face washes). I use the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash now but couldnt use it during pregnancy. I did find that the Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream helped for the bad spots b/c it was so strong benzoyl peroxide. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Whatever you do if you decide to use soap make sure you rehydrate with an oil free moisturizer otherwise you will just produce more oils.  I use MK cleanser for combination oily at the beginning of my pregnancy and now I'm back to normal/dry again.
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"