May 2011 Moms

Who is going with you for anatomy scan?

My anatomy scan is scheduled for the 20th. My mother & MIL want to go to the anatomy scan.

DH and I want it to be just us, we are going to video tape it so they could see it.

My mother especially is pushing to go.

Any advice or thoughts?

Re: Who is going with you for anatomy scan?

• Just me and DH.

We are paying for an elective u/s around Christmas that family is invited too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom said she was going to take off work and come with the boyfriend and I until I said, 'oh why? Right, sorry no this one is limited to the people who helped make the little invader"

She can wait like everyone else. Of course, if the kid is anything like today any time they try to get near the bits to see what's what it will cross its legs and put its hand down again.

• Loading the player...
  • Both of our moms would come with if they lived close enough and that would be fine with me :)  My mom was in town for my 12 week u/s and she was just thrilled!!  As of right now it will be just me and DH :)
    Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

11/2013- Diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis
    07/2014- emergency surgery to remove hemorrhaging cyst first RE missed, removed endo from fallopian tubes, hsg done, d&c performed to remove polyphs in uterus, femvue done, put on dexamethasone and metformin
    08/2014- miscarriage, second RE refuses to mark down in charts, switch again
    03/2016- IUI #1, waiting for results on April 17
  • With my first 2 we just did the scan at the dr's office and only DH and I went. This time we paid for a 3d scan early (last night :)) And we had Dh's grandfather, my mom, my sister, her bf and the boys.

If you are doing it in your dr's office I would not have anyone else come. Because this is our last child and we already have 2 boys we kinda made a big deal about having another boy or finall getting a girl (all the grandkids on both sides are boys!!!) So we went to a place and paid $55 and everyone got to watch.

• Just DH.  I was sent a letter about the ultrasound with all the details on what to do, etc. and it said in the letter that only one person could accompany me.  I was planning on only having DH anyway, but this gives me an out for all the people who ask!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just me, DH and DD.

Don't be pushed into anything. 

• Just Mr. Ball & Chain. I do not like many people these days.
    31, married mom of 3 Step mom to 1

baby>
  • My DH went to the gender reveal ultrasound. And the anatomy scan my mother will be coming with me because DH will be at work.
    Marley Soledad
    4/20/2011
    Photobucket
    Esma: I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea. Then Ill put that flea in a box. And put that box inside another box. Mail that box to myself. And when it arrives. ILL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER. Its brilliant, brilliant, brilliant I tell you. Genius I say.
    Or to save on postage. Ill poison him with this.
  • I would call your drs office to find out who can come. Ours only allows 1 other person and that person is DH. Also, they don't allow videotaping.

I wouldn't have anyone else in there. I wouldn't want to be distracted and I want to be able to focus on the scan and its results. If for some reason something was wrong, I would want to fully understand it and be able to ask questions and take notes without the distraction of other people.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just me and DH never thought about having anyone else...

On another note I want just me and DH in the delivery room also..even if DH Is working by chance I don't care if I deliver in front of a bunch of strangers... LOL

My sister had her first baby 6 months ago and had my mom come..long story short, it was my sister, her hubbie and my mom. The doctor came in before she started pushing and told my sister the baby had a bowel movement and they would start pushing my mom got upset and nervous and passed out. My sister ended up having a C-section..My mom and dad were in the ER, while I was upstairs listening on the other side of the room to hear the baby cry...My parents came running up the hallway just as my sisters DH came out with the baby. I swore after that day it would be me, DH or me and the lovely Dr and nurses LOL

• Just DH. But we recently moved all the way across the country from our family and close friends.

If you really feel like you only want DH to be there, you should nicely insist that only DH and you will go and that you are planning on videotaping it and will show the video to family who wants to see it after the appointment.
  • My husband and 2 daughters.  I'm so excited for DD#1 to see the baby on the screen.  She didn't get to come last time around...and she was way to little anyway.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The facility that will do my anatomy scan only allows me to bring one person, so only DH will be with me.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• DH and my mom, she is flying in on thursday so she can be here!
  • My DH only. We are hoping to reveal the sex at Christmas. Having anyone else there would seriously compromise those plans. Maybe put it that way. That you want to reveal at Christmas and so you would rather it just be you and YH.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Just me and DH will be there. Not even our kids are invited along to this one.
  • Just my husband.  We are allowed to have one adult with us.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Just DH.  IMO, it isn't that appropriate to bring extended family to the anatomy scan since it is supposed to be for diagnostic purposes.  If I were considering going to an independent lab for a fun "extra" u/s, then my mom and MIL might be invited. 

And to echo a PP, I imagine many labs don't allow a crowd for the anatomy scan.

• DH is coming with me, and that is it!
  • Just my dh and I.  His mom wants to come and I know my mom would love to come (and probably my sisters as well), but I figure they can all find out afterward.

If they really want to see an ultrasound so bad, they can give me money for an elective one and then they are welcome to come.

• Just DH...none of our family members live near us, but I wouldn't want anyone us to come with us anyway.

• Just me and DH. My mom doesn't live in the area but I think even if she was here I wouldn't want her to come. Obviously I am assuming everything is fine but just incase it's not, I don't want spectators there. If something is wrong with the baby I really just want it to be me and DH. We will share whether it's a boy or a girl if we are able to tell, I don't think there's any need for anyone else to be there. Heck, last time I was in the radiology department they told me DH couldn't even be there, so who knows, it may just be me. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • SmileJust me and DH. I ask about bringing my mom but the nurse said the room was too small. Instead im going to put my mom on speaker phone so she can hear too. My anatomy scan is set for Dec. 20!!!!!! We are so excited.. i'm counting the days Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"