March 2011 Moms

lets talk poop

I've always heard of pregnancy constipation, and I've considered myself really lucky to not have that problem. Normally I'm a 2 or 3 times a day kind of girl, but the last week it's just been constant diarrhea. I have a really good diet, lots of veggies and fiber and all that, so I'm really not sure what the deal is. Has anyone else experienced this?? I have an appt with my dr today (yep, the cute one) and I'm not about to ask him why I have the runs so any insight would be much appreciated!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: lets talk poop

• Pretty sure it's normal to go back and forth. If it gets worse or doesn't go away within a few days though you do need to talk to your doctor as this could cause dehydration and it could be a sign that you are sick. Hope it, uh, firms up for you!Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • after I complained about being loose all of the time and dry from constant wiping, my doctor said that the easier "it" comes out, the easier the baby comes out so be thankful I am not constipated and to use wetnaps.

Good luck!

Doula, mama and student prego with number 2. Yay! www.endeavorsin.com
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally would let the dr know... who cares if he's cute?  He might tell you how you can get things regular again.  It's not good for you or your LO for you to have diarrhea.
    Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
  • imagejessababe85:
    I personally would let the dr know... who cares if he's cute?  He might tell you how you can get things regular again.  It's not good for you or your LO for you to have diarrhea.

Ditto, that's what he's there for.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Luckily, I have some experience in that area. For a good 3 weeks, I was a 4x/day pooper, thanks to the mega-$hits I was having. I tried Immodium, which helped, but my doc was concerned that I could have an infection or that the baby wasn't absorbing all of the nutrients it needed. I had all sorts of tests run and they even tested me for allergies and celiac disease. Thankfully, there was nothing wrong with me and my OB told me it was likely from horomones or stress, or a combination of both. He encouraged me to go on the BRAT diet, however I laughed at him and proceeded to eat delicious things that caused me to go to the bathroom even more frequently. Eventually, my situation cleared up and I am back to normal.

I am sure it's nothing and just part of the normal joys of pregnancy!

• If you've been having diarrhea for a week, you should probably tell your dr. A day or two here and there is normal. But constant diarrhea might lead to dehydration and things may be passing through your system too fast for you to absorb nutrients. that being said, getting lots of protein and iron might help firm it up a bit.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• try switching your diet for couple of days, if it is still the same then may be it is some kind of infection.
  • imagemesostar:
    I've always heard of pregnancy constipation, and I've considered myself really lucky to not have that problem. Normally I'm a 2 or 3 times a day kind of girl, but the last week it's just been constant diarrhea. I have a really good diet, lots of veggies and fiber and all that, so I'm really not sure what the deal is. Has anyone else experienced this?? I have an appt with my dr today (yep, the cute one) and I'm not about to ask him why I have the runs so any insight would be much appreciated!!

I have had chronic diarrhea since the 3rd month of preg.!!! It happens about 3 or more times a day and makes me feel like crap. Doc said it was IBS. As soon as i started taking calcium supplements (I don't eat any dairy/eggs) it got slightly better but yep, it still happens all day. Pregnancy has really almost killed me so far! 

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"