Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Bellybuttons...

Probably a wierd question but how do you clean your LO's bellybutton? Isaiah has a deep one LOL so I just use a Qtip with some vaseline on it... it seems dirty all the time! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bellybuttons...

• Options

hahaha he has a deep belly button...hehe

im sorry, samantha doesnt have a deep one and i can clean it easily wiht a wash cloth in the bath!

• Options
    imageblublusher:

hahaha he has a deep belly button...hehe

im sorry, samantha doesnt have a deep one and i can clean it easily wiht a wash cloth in the bath!

I know huh, sounds funny! it's really deep!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Maybe I'm weird, but I've never cleaned it out Embarrassed.

It's pretty shallow and I soap up his belly obviously, but have never felt the need to specifically clean it separately. If I did, I would probably do what you're doing with the q-tip. I have this no rinse cleanser from Mustela that I've been using for stubborn food stains on his face after meals-it might be good to use w/ a q-tip in the belly button as well.

• Options
    imagecait0324:

Maybe I'm weird, but I've never cleaned it out Embarrassed.

It's pretty shallow and I soap up his belly obviously, but have never felt the need to specifically clean it separately. If I did, I would probably do what you're doing with the q-tip. I have this no rinse cleanser from Mustela that I've been using for stubborn food stains on his face after meals-it might be good to use w/ a q-tip in the belly button as well.

Oh thanks, that sounds like it would work well for us! Oh and also, I never thought to clean it out either but I did yesterday after his bath and it was dirty!
  • Options

We just wash Cammie's in the bath.  But she has a keloid (sp) so her belly button is like half innie half outtie so there's not much in the way of digging going on there. 

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Options

We use the little alcohol pads that they use at the hospital to wipe your arm before getting a shot...that's what our doc said to do.

BTW, DH has a really deep belly button too!  I can stick my pointer finger up to my first knuckle!  Gross but funny!

• Options
    imagesharmurph18:

We use the little alcohol pads that they use at the hospital to wipe your arm before getting a shot...that's what our doc said to do.

BTW, DH has a really deep belly button too!  I can stick my pointer finger up to my first knuckle!  Gross but funny!

LOL!
  • Options
    we just wash his belly in the tub with soap and water. i don't put any extra care into the button area

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    Speaking of bellybuttons...my daughter is obsessed with hers.  While she's drinking she pokes and picks at her until it turns red.  If I'm laying next to her, she'll lift up my shirt and poke at mine and then give it a kiss and lay her head on my stomach.  It's pretty cute.
  • Options
    imageIvana.Stolichnaya:
    Speaking of bellybuttons...my daughter is obsessed with hers.  While she's drinking she pokes and picks at her until it turns red.  If I'm laying next to her, she'll lift up my shirt and poke at mine and then give it a kiss and lay her head on my stomach.  It's pretty cute.
    Cute!
  • Options

imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

OMG, both of my kids are bellybutton obsessed!  I cannot put Lilah in one-piece jammies because she has to play with her bellybutton to fall asleep.  I thought she was the only quirky weird kid out there who did that, but now Grady is starting to do it too!

I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"