TTC After a Loss

Afraid I am annoying my OB's nurse, but come on! (vent)

I feel like I've left her so many messages over the last months.  With this past pregnancy I would call the day after testing to check on results.  Now that we are testing betas down to 0 it is the same thing. 

Yesterday I called about my continued bleeding.  She called back to say they were short handed but that the results from the extensive b/w DH and I had a few weeks ago due to the 2nd m/c were back and on the dr.'s desk.  She said they would call me back today to go over them, hopefully have the results from my b/w yesterday and to talk about the bleeding.  It's almost 3:00 PM here!  I am on pins and needles people!  Why hasn't she called me back yet?? 

Honestly, I really like the nurse and I am sure they are just short handed, but I am just wanting some answers.  

Re: Afraid I am annoying my OB's nurse, but come on! (vent)

• I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. That's so frustrating! I feel your pain. I'm waiting for a call from my doc, too, and it's no fun. ((Hugs))
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • I hate that! When I m/c I had to repeatly call the office and leave messages to get blood work results, ect.  I tried to understand they were busy, but when your dealing with YOUR pregnancy and YOUR body, the waiting just sucks, and I wish they were a little more intune with that!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • While waiting for bloodwork, I have many times apologized to the nurses for being a "spaz" and they laugh but I can tell they're annoyed. I feel bad, but most of the time I don't care. This is my life goshdarnit!

I hope you get your answers soon!

Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I know!  I always apologize for being annoying.  She laughs and says that I am not annoying, but I don't believe her. 

DH was the one the encouraged me to call again today.  He is as nervous/ready to hear something as I am.  

It's good to know that I'm not the only that has to call for results.  As always, thanks for your encouragement.  It just can't be said enough how much I appreciate it.  

• Hugs, I know how hard the waiting game is.
  • I felt like I was harassing the nurses at my OB's office. They learned my name and history really quickly this past miscarriage. I need to call for results too (my RPL testing) and DH keeps pushing me to call as well, but I'm putting it off.

Don't worry about being annoying! This is important. Good luck!

• I'm sure they're busy, but this is important!  You are bleeding and want some answers - is it really that hard to call back??  I hope the doc calls all of you ladies soon - waiting just sucks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have my moments when I call the nurse all the time, then I give her a break for a couple weeks. Hopefully you get some answers soon!
  • That is irritating! I hope they call you soon. I hate when doctors don't get back to you. That was the #1 reason I switched from my old OB/GYN to my current one. I know they're busy but they need to take time to call, even if it's to say that they can't talk until the next day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like 99.9% of TTACL is waiting!!! Waiting to ovulate.  Waiting to test.  Waiting for blood work.  Wait. Wait. Wait.

I have started going to bed earlier, just so the next day will come sooner. Sigh. 

• Oh man, do I ever understand this.  I had to call for every single blood draw, usually multiple times.  Last time I called because I was on day 13 of full blown AF, I waited 3 days for them to call me back.

At least they told you they were short handed, mine apparently just didn't feel like calling me back.  It's actually a huge part of why I'm switching OB's.  I hope they call you back really soon!

• imagejust_lurking210:

I feel like 99.9% of TTACL is waiting!!! Waiting to ovulate.  Waiting to test.  Waiting for blood work.  Wait. Wait. Wait.

I have started going to bed earlier, just so the next day will come sooner. Sigh. 

This said exactly what I was thinking when I read your post!  

The waiting game sucks! And even sucks more when it's something as important as this...hopefully you get your call back soon! 

• Still waiting....tick tock tick tock. 
  • I agree completely- so frustrating!   My dr doesn't email.  Why not?  Wouldn't that be easiest?  She could reply on a blackberry or call if need be.  I could eliminate a lot of hassle on both ends, and she'd have documentation of what was said in an email.   I'm done apologizing for my calls-  I warned the nurse the last time that if I ever do get pregnant again that she can expect to hear from me once a day, so we might as well become friends.

Good luck!

• I was a total PITA with my OB's nurse when I was KU/mc-ing. I knew I was annoying her...he!!, I would have annoyed me, but I didn't care. Embarrassed
    BFP #1: 5/3/10 Natural MC: 5/11/10 BFP #2: 3/24/11 C/p: 3/29/11 BFP #3: 5/17/11 C/P: 5/20/11 BFP #4: 11/13/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic ~*~Congrats to my TTCAL buddies toshbosh233 & clairenmonique, EDDs 4/2011; bekahjen, EDD 5/2011; MCH77, EDD 7/2011; HokieMomma, EDD 8/2011; shanna82, EDD 9/2011; Rachel4127, EDD 10/2011~*~
  • imageMandaS08:
    I hate that! When I m/c I had to repeatly call the office and leave messages to get blood work results, ect.  I tried to understand they were busy, but when your dealing with YOUR pregnancy and YOUR body, the waiting just sucks, and I wish they were a little more intune with that!

This!  I got so pissed when I kept having to call for test results. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"