Military Families

Teenager gets pg before boot camp?

First, I am not familiar at all with military terms, so please forgive me if I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about; I don't.

My co-workers daughter signed with the Army this summer, right after she turned 18.  She is now pregnant.  What does this mean for her and the US Army?  Can you direct me to a site where I could find this information?  Her mother (my co-worker) seems overwhelmed and has no clue what to do, as far as her daughter's commitment to the Army goes...  Thank you.

Re: Teenager gets pg before boot camp?

• Depends if she wants to join the army after the baby is born or not. If so, she should talk to her recruiter about a medical delay or something. If not, she will still have to talk to her recruiter and they can go through the proper paperwork.
  • imageproudarmywife08:
    Depends if she wants to join the army after the baby is born or not. If so, she should talk to her recruiter about a medical delay or something. If not, she will still have to talk to her recruiter and they can go through the proper paperwork.

Ditto this.

If she has sworn in and signed all the papers she belongs to the US Army. She needs to talk to her recruiter. They can give her the best info on what to do. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • She can delay enlistment until after the baby comes and she gets back into shape to qualify for the physical portion ( I think they give 6 months from birth) but she will have to establish a family care plan (long and short) If she is going to be a single mother.  If her and BF get married and he is a civilian then she wont have to.

Or if she decideds that her priorities have changed it is still early enough to void her contract.

But PP was right she needs to contact her recruiter ASAP. 

Tell your co-worker to relax a little they didn't start giving pregnancy tests right before you get on the bus for no reason at all!!!  She's not the first and she wont be the last!!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • imageAbbney:

She can delay enlistment until after the baby comes and she gets back into shape to qualify for the physical portion ( I think they give 6 months from birth) but she will have to establish a family care plan (long and short) If she is going to be a single mother.  If her and BF get married and he is a civilian then she wont have to.

Or if she decideds that her priorities have changed it is still early enough to void her contract.

But PP was right she needs to contact her recruiter ASAP. 

Tell your co-worker to relax a little they didn't start giving pregnancy tests right before you get on the bus for no reason at all!!!  She's not the first and she wont be the last!!

This.

I know at DH's Navy recruiter's office the women took pregnancy tests every visit, which I think was every week.  

• for the first 180 of training you are probationary.....though Drill Sgt will never tell you this....you say you want out, you are out.... she can void her contract and reenlist later if she still wants to go
  • Thank you all for the advice :)  I'll pass it along.
  • You are not in the military until you leave for boot camp.  You can change your mind at any time.  Just because she has sworn in doesn't mean she can't change her mind.
  • imagedannafofanna:
    You are not in the military until you leave for boot camp.  You can change your mind at any time.  Just because she has sworn in doesn't mean she can't change her mind.

You are not "in" the military until you are MOS-Q'ed/180 days.....whichever comes first. Any time before that they can do an easy separation.  I have been leadership in an AIT environment, and had to deal with a few pregnant females there.....

• She will remain in the Delayed Entry Program and she may leave for basic 6 months after the birth of the child or the termination of the pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"