Breastfeeding
Options

those that pump and BF in the morning...

Do you pump before feeding, or after, and how long before or after are you pumping compared to when you are BF LO. Thanks.

Re: those that pump and BF in the morning...

• Options
    I don't do it anymore, but I used to nurse first, then pump.  I didn't wait long to pump, just long enough to change DD's diaper, and get her settled so I could pump in peace.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemopsie:
    I don't do it anymore, but I used to nurse first, then pump.  I didn't wait long to pump, just long enough to change DD's diaper, and get her settled so I could pump in peace.

This.. but sometimes it takes a bit to get him settled!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have DD feed on one side and I pump the other side at the same time. She gets about 4 ounces from one side and that's all she'll normally take first thing in the morning. The 4 ounces I pumped from the other side, she gets in a bottle from the DCP.

On the weekends, she'll nurse on the one side like normal and then an hour or so later she'll nurse again on the other side.

• Options
    I also pump one side while DS nurses on the other, that way he triggers my letdowns and it doesn't take 2x as long.
  • Options
    I usually BF and and then pump about 10-15 minutes later.  I can still get at least 8 oz. when I pump doing it this way.
  • Options

i would nurse and then pump, until my supply was good. Then i continued like this for quite  a while (couple months)

Recently i've switched to pumping then nursing (with 30-45min in the middle) b/c DS is sleeping longer now and i know i have enough milk. I pump to get what i need for cereal, then stop so i'm not empty if DS wakes up a little earlier.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I always nurse first.  DD goes down for a nap about an hour after waking up in the morning, and it tends to be a three hour nap, so I pump after she goes down (about an hour after feeding her).  I try to wait about half an hour after feeding her to pump, or it seems like it's mostly a waste of time for me.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I pump first, and DD nurses about 1-2 hours later, no complaints from the customer yet. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"