Pre-School and Daycare

Huge RAVE for the Elf on the Shelf!!!

I've been reading about the Elf on the Shelf on several boards and finally took the plunge.

I can NOT recommend this little guy (and book) enough if you "do" Santa in your house!

The concept is that this elf comes to live with you and leaves your house each night to repot to Santa on your child's behavior.  Each morning the kids delight in searching for where his new location is.  (you move him each night to further the appearance of the magic)

The kid(s) name the elf with the first reading of the book.

Ours is Loca-Zah-Zee (courtesy of the 2 yr old)

They're LOVING this AND in 2 days I've already heard both of them say "We need to be nice, Loca-Zah-Zee is gonna tell Santa if we're naughty!"

LOOOVE this tradition!!!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: Huge RAVE for the Elf on the Shelf!!!

• we do too!  last year was our first year with our elf , Perry.  dd remembered his name and was asking when he comes back... so we pulled him out this weekend . it's helping with my 3 y/o ds's recent potty training rebellion. lol.  
  • I saw this in the bookstore near me and thought it looked like something the kids would really enjoy. I think I might go pick one up today! Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got one a few week ago.  I can't wait to start it!  I think I'll start on Dec 1.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I really like it too.   I got one this year and the kids esp my oldest love it. And I totally use it as a bribe for good behavior : )  Our is named Alex.  We were at a friends house last night and my DD started to whine.  I had to tell her that her friend also has an elf (its the truth) and that elf was watching her there too.  She straighten up : ) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dad and stepmother gave us one all wrapped up just this past holiday weekend.  We're going to open it up tomorrow night when we decorate the tree.  I'm really looking forward to the whole Elf on the Shelf experience - I've heard great things about it.

• We went out and bought one too, after hearing all of the great reviews.  DH is sooo creepy with it!  I'll wake up in the morning and he'll have moved it to the bathroom, and then later on in the day I'll find it on a counter, or somewhere I'm not expecting it.  He calls it the Stalker Elf.  Confused
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJelliebean1982:
     He calls it the Stalker Elf.  Confused

I bought one for my friend's kids and her oldest named theirs "Snitch"

Good to see that the older kids and adults can have fun with this too!

It's working even better than I imagined.

I've already heard them correcting each other:  "If you do that Loca Zah Zee will tell Santa you were naughty.  You'd better be nice!"

I think I need to find a way to make Loca Zah Zee a permanent resident!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • MIL bought it for the girls but I wanted to wait until after the excitement of her birthday was over yesterday to start it. Guess what book we'll be reading at bedtime tonight? I hope it helps keep the terrible threes at bay just a little longer!

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • My 3 year old DD is determined to name ours "Mommy". She can't be convinced otherwise!
  • we just bought the elf--no book--actually my mom found a cute elf at gift store and that is what we are using-totally works too--in fact he is gonna stay around all year!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"