Stay at Home Moms

Cleaning vs Maintaining.

Ohh DH. You drive me insane.

So we had a 'talk' about him continuing to help out etc. Yaaaaay, we all know how that goes.

He said, "I am helping out with cleaning. I put my dishes in the dishwasher last night. "

Sigh.

I am really punchy today and tired- (between thanksgiving and the baptism- nothing much has gotten done otherwise).

I replied, "No, that is not cleaning that is maintaining" (i.e doing something that needs to get done every day)

I continued to tell him, "Maintenance is like flushing the toliet after you take a dump.... it doesn't mean the bathroom is clean"

And at that I had to hang up the phone because 1. he clearly doesn't GET it nor ever will and 2. I couldn't stop laughing in my head at the comparision because it is so damn true.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Cleaning vs Maintaining.

• "Maintenance is like flushing the toliet after you take a dump.... it doesn't mean the bathroom is clean"

You could probably market that...

Put it on a nice wooden sign...

I'd buy that.

• Pretty sure that's the funniest thing I'll hear all day.  Agreed with English - You need to get that carved into a plaque or embroidered on a nice throw.  You said you hadn't finished shopping for DH yet... well, there you go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEnglishMajor03:

"Maintenance is like flushing the toliet after you take a dump.... it doesn't mean the bathroom is clean"

I'd buy that.

damn- there ya go English. Crap. (literally). If I didn't already have a WAH gig- I would totally just make signs with that saying and sell it.

Maybe we can suggest that to other women who are looking for a SAH + make $$$ gig.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageEnglishMajor03:

"Maintenance is like flushing the toliet after you take a dump.... it doesn't mean the bathroom is clean"

I'd buy that.

Agreed!:)

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStacyc625:

I continued to tell him, "Maintenance is like flushing the toliet after you take a dump.... it doesn't mean the bathroom is clean"

LMAO.  Love this!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• LOL! I've got to tell my DH this, he thinks putting the trash on the truck is cleaning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Housekeeper!  It solved a world of problems for us.  It cost less than marriage counseling or a date night. 
  • That is hilarious. I love it!!!! I needed a laugh today thanks!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageStacyc625:
    imageEnglishMajor03:

I'd buy that.

damn- there ya go English. Crap. (literally). If I didn't already have a WAH gig- I would totally just make signs with that saying and sell it.

Maybe we can suggest that to other women who are looking for a SAH + make $$$ gig.

Oh totally!  Let's add it to the FAQ's!! :)

• imageEnglishMajor03:

I'd buy that.

This...I just died.  so great

• imagemichaels_lovely:
    imageEnglishMajor03:

I'd buy that.

This...I just died.  so great

OMG, LOL!!! 

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• This truly made my day!? I am amazed that you thought of something so clever right on the fly of a disagreement!!

I LOVE this and may have to use it at some point! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"