Attachment Parenting

AW/PW/Thank you - STTN!

David has been going through some pretty nasty sleep stuff for the last 2 months or so.  Only sleeping in my arms, waking up every 45 minutes, fighting to go to sleep, etc.  We tried NCSS, but gave up after 2 weeks of him laughing at us when he put him down in his crib (although the PPO did work).  We didn't think it was teething or ears because tylenol and motrin didn't work, and he would sleep in my arms.

We resolved to just deal with his sleep problems and hope he outgrew them before he was 3.  Neither DH nor I have the willpower/stomach for CIO, so we just started going to bed earlier and moved our mattress to the floor.

Something magical happened this week.  On Thanksgiving morning, at my in-laws, 3 teeth popped through.  Then one more, the day after.  He's now up to 7 teeth, and I'm pretty sure #8 is hiding in a swollen gumline.

Thanksgiving night, he slept from 8:30 to 6am, with only one waking at 10pm. The next night, same thing, and last night, he STTN from 8pm till 7am!

I guess it was the teeth. I'm so glad we decided to be patient, and I'm so glad he's (maybe) sleeping again!   Thank you, ladies, for the encouragement.

Re: AW/PW/Thank you - STTN!

• woo hooo!!! go on with your sleepy self, baby boy!
  • That's awesome! Sounds similar to what we've had going on recently. Ari had started sleeping through till 5 or so at least 5-6 nights a week then it all went to crap. Well, he had a molar come through last week, a cuspid coming though this week, plus I can feel 2 more molars just at the surface.

Its funny b/c teething has never made a huge difference with him, but I guess the molars are a whole different story. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great news!

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay!  I'm so happy to hear that.  It gives me hope.  DS's sleep has been getting progressively worse over the past 3-4 months.  And, like you, I have decided to just roll with it and hope he outgrows this by the time he's 3, ha!  This has renewed my confidence that some day, somehow, we will all get better sleep!  I hope he keeps this up for you guys!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay for peacefully sleeping kiddos!  Our guy is such a good sleeper so far in his life, that I can't imagine having the sleep issues that some of you do.  Hope he keeps it up for you!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"