Cloth Diapering

A few of your favorite things...

Hi!

I have been lurking on the CD board for weeks and I am finally coming out to say hello! MH and I are planning on CDing for our first, due in June. CDing is completely overwhelming for me but I'm slowly learning, mostly from reading posts on this board! Below I listed a few questions I have rolling around in my head and I'm looking for your favorites. Please answer as many as you feel like, any help I get will be much appreciated! TIA!!!!!

What is your favorite...

1. Brand of CD-safe diaper rash cream:

2. Pockets:

3. Prefolds:

4. Diaper pail/bag (wet or dry):

5. CD for daycare:

6. Disposable liners:

7. Washable liners:

8. Newborn CD:

Thanks again :-)

Re: A few of your favorite things...

• ..rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens....

Sorry.  I've been locked in the house with my NB for way too long.

What is your favorite...

1. Brand of CD-safe diaper rash cream:  CJ- BUTTer stick.  I have tried CA baby and the Magic stick.  Both smelled like medicine and didn't do much good.  CJ's monkey farts smells so good too!

2. Pockets: I am diapering my NB yet so the only pockets that I have tried are the thirsties duo sz. 1.  The nice part about this is that the inserts come out by themselves in the wash.  The negative is that I don't think they'd work when she was under 7# and don't allow for the stump cord.

3. Prefolds:  GMD, but only because I have not tried any others.  The newborn (orange edge size) is nice that you don't have to fold it down after the cord stump falls off.

4. Diaper pail/bag (wet or dry):  I have used Planet Wise large wet bags and now just moved to their pail liners.  The large wet bag barely held 1 days worth of diapers for me (prefolds, KL's, some AIO and cloth wipes).  My LO probably goes through 15+ diapers though.

5. CD for daycare:  I don't know yet. I'm planning on BG's OS. (fingers crossed that they will fit her by then).

6. Disposable liners:

7. Washable liners: I made my own by cutting fleece from a remnant from Joann's

8. Newborn CD:   BG xs.  They fit so nicely and are my night time go to.  I know lots of people love Kissaluvs, but I could take them or leave them.  My DH hates the snaps.  I don't find them any better than my prefolds.  I hate my fab fitteds xs.  They have poor absorbency and elastic (mine were new).  Poo always escapes through the legs even though the tabs are crossed onto each other.

9:  Cloth wipes:  I'm adding this:)  I just bought some SMJAE velour/flannel wipes and am in love.  They're so soft!  I just have to see how they hold up.  Otherwise I reach for my Thirsties fab wipes before my flannel/terry home made ones. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Brand of CD-safe diaper rash cream:  Haven't found one yet.  We've only tried CA Baby, and it's been ok

2. Pockets:  I don't really have the pocket love, but I haven't had any issues with the BGs

3. Prefolds:  Babykicks hemp

4. Diaper pail/bag (wet or dry):  Planetwise

5. CD for daycare:  BGs

6. Disposable liners: don't use these yet

7. Washable liners:  fleece I cut up and some silk liners I got for free

8. Newborn CD: Kissaluv contours with thirsties duo sz 1 cover.

• Loading the player...
  • 1.) Don't have one. We have never needed it.

2.) Bum Genius 3.0s (I haven't tried the 4.0s) or Rumparooz

3.) I use Imagine prefolds, but I have heard good things about GMDs too.

4.) I have a whammies (sp?) pail liner, a Planetwise wet bag for my diaper bag, and 2 Paddle & Quack large wetbags on the way. I plan on phasing out my pail liner/trash can for hanging wet bags.

5.) N/A

6.) Don't use them

7.) I have regular fleece liners.

8.) We just used prefolds and Thirsties Duo covers.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagesuzieq413:

Hi!

I have been lurking on the CD board for weeks and I am finally coming out to say hello! MH and I are planning on CDing for our first, due in June. CDing is completely overwhelming for me but I'm slowly learning, mostly from reading posts on this board! Below I listed a few questions I have rolling around in my head and I'm looking for your favorites. Please answer as many as you feel like, any help I get will be much appreciated! TIA!!!!!

What is your favorite...

We haven't had any rashes yet (knock on wood) so I can't really say.  I did use some Angel Baby Bottom Balm when he was first born on a little irritated area and it worked great.  I just ordered a CJ's BUTTer stick to see what the fuss is all about...and to use on his chapped cheeks. (face cheeks...not butt cheeks, haha)

2. Pockets:

BumGenius

3. Prefolds:

Never used

4. Diaper pail/bag (wet or dry):

Planet Wise.  I use the pail liner in our can at home and send the large zippered bags to daycare.

5. CD for daycare:

BG Pockets

6. Disposable liners:

I have some Bummis ones but never used them

7. Washable liners:

Never used any

8. Newborn CD:

BG XS AIO

Thanks again :-)

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Hi and welcome :) I haven't tried a whooole lot to compare, but listed are things that work for us!

1. Grandma Els

2. Rumparooz (with aplix)

3. Green Mountain Diaper's organic cloth-eez

4. Planetwise (for both pail and bag)

5. Don't have DC

6. I don't use those yet

7. I use fleece liners I buy from Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique - b/c I'm to lazy to make them I guess? :)

8. Prefolds and covers worked for us!

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemoussy:

Cloth wipes:  I'm adding this:)  I just bought some SMJAE velour/flannel wipes and am in love.  They're so soft!  I just have to see how they hold up.  Otherwise I reach for my Thirsties fab wipes before my flannel/terry home made ones. 

haha I looove those wipes. I only have a few and they are the 1st I reach for always and hold up great. I went online yesterday to buy some more at Sweetbottoms and they were sold out :(

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Diaper rash cream: I mostly use California Baby, because I can't deal with anything I can't easily find locally Smile But I don't use it all that much. And it has been staining my diapers as of late if I use it without a fleece liner, so I'm kinda thinking that the next time I need a tube, I might just get Desitin or something, since it's SO much cheaper and I'm using a fleece liner anyway...

2. Pockets: I've tried just about everything out there, and have now simplified my stash to almost entirely BumGenius one-size pockets. They rock!

3. Prefolds: I'm using standard infant prefolds that I got for cheap off craigslist. I have some GMDs for when DS outgrows the infant prefolds, and they seem nice, too.

4. Diaper pail/bag: At home, I use a standard trash can with a pillowcase liner as a pail in DS's room. I also have two PlanetWise hanging wetbags in the bathroom that I use for the stinkiest diapers (DD's overnight diapers and DS's poopy diapers) to keep the smell in. For the diaper bag, I made a couple of wetbags and they work great.

5. CD for daycare: BumGenius aplix pockets. BG Elementals (organic AIOs) are great, too, especially if you can find the old aplix version.

6. Disposable liners: GroVia.

7. Washable liners: I made my own by cutting up some cheap fleece from Joann's.

8. Newborn CD: Prefolds! I like Proraps covers until the cord falls off, and then Thirsties covers. Once they're big enough for one size covers, then Flip covers are awesome.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• imagemonona9:
    imagemoussy:

Cloth wipes:  I'm adding this:)  I just bought some SMJAE velour/flannel wipes and am in love.  They're so soft!  I just have to see how they hold up.  Otherwise I reach for my Thirsties fab wipes before my flannel/terry home made ones. 

haha I looove those wipes. I only have a few and they are the 1st I reach for always and hold up great. I went online yesterday to buy some more at Sweetbottoms and they were sold out :(

I only got 3 from sweetbottoms.  I had more in my cart, but it was emptied for some reason and there were barely any left.  Their prices rocked!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Brand of CD-safe diaper rash cream: CJ's Butter

2. Pockets:

2. Pockets: BumGenius 4.0 with snaps

3. Prefolds: Green Mountain Diapers (I think they're Osocozy?)

4. Diaper pail/bag (wet or dry): I made my own out of old pillowcases.. work fabulously!

5. CD for daycare: My LO isnt going to daycare, but the BG pockets would be fine prestuffed

6. Disposable liners: don't use these

7. Washable liners: haven't used these

8. Newborn CD: We used GMD prefolds with thirsties duo wrap and thirsties fab fitteds (they discontinued these :()

GL! Congrats! and HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Brand of CD-safe diaper rash cream: CJs BUTTer. Love it. I tried CA Baby, but it made DD worse.

2. Pockets: My favorite pockets are Monkey Snuggles sized, but they are discontinued now.  I like BGs well enough too and Thirsties Duos.  I like fitteds a million times better than pockets.

3. Prefolds: Never really felt the prefold love.  I have only used GMDs and they work fine.

4. Diaper pail/bag (wet or dry):  I have 2 Planetwise pail liners that I like. My favorite wetbag is my Snuggie Baby.

5. CD for daycare: N/A

6. Disposable liners: N/A

7. Washable liners: Plain old walmart fleece cut up.

8. Newborn CD: I didn't CD during the NB stage.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Brand of CD-safe diaper rash cream: Magic stick for preventative/moisture barrier.  CA baby for redness/rash. 2. Pockets:  Not a big fan of pockets.3. Prefolds:  GMD.4. Diaper pail/bag (wet or dry):  I have a white kitchen size trashcan from Ace Hardware for $13.  Works awesome.  Lid snaps down.5. CD for daycare:  We have care in the home, but caretaker uses Thirsties Fab Fitteds w/ Thirsties covers. Aplix is easy.6. Disposable liners:  Don't use them.  At least not yet.  I BF so we don't have to do anything with the poop yet.7. Washable liners:  Don't use.8. Newborn CD:  KL0s!  DH & I both loved them.  Next time we will get teice as many.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • What is your favorite...

1. Brand of CD-safe diaper rash cream: California Baby

2. Pockets: we don't use pocket diapers (AIO's/ all in ones), we have gdiapers (I guess they are considered all in two's), you don't need to change the whole diaper with each change. only the cloth insert.

3. Prefolds: gcloth (small for newborn/small and med/lg for the medium/larch diapers)

4. Diaper pail/bag (wet or dry): we use a plain garbage pail with a pull out insert and it's dry

5. CD for daycare: baby stays at home

6. Disposable liners: bumkins

7. Washable liners: don't have

8. Newborn CD:Gdiapers Tiny's

HTH!  Good luck with your search

• Thank you all so much! This is fantastic! I compiled all your responses and surprisingly, I have heard of most of these so I can start making a "stash" list and tweak it over the next few months. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"