Stay at Home Moms

Intro and a question

Hi everyone.  I usually post on Military Nesties but decided to venture over to the bump to check out this board.  MH is in the Army.  I just recently got out of the Army to be a SAHM to our 6  month old daughter.  I have a B.S. in Psychology and plan to pursue my masters degree in the near future.

My question is:  what are some volunteer opportunities that you know of that are baby/child friendly?  I want to start volunteering with her and exposing her to all kinds of different situations, and I also want to get out of the house and feel like I am doing something worthwhile for both society and my own peace of mind.  Any suggestions are welcome!  TIA 

Re: Intro and a question

• Welcome!

If you go to a church, you might be able to find some nice opportunities there. Nursing homes always love volunteers and love babies too!

• imagecp760:

Welcome!

If you go to a church, you might be able to find some nice opportunities there. Nursing homes always love volunteers and love babies too!

Yes!  And animal shelters always need dog bathers/walkers!  I like Craig's List for local volunteer opportunities as well.

Welcome to the board!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"