TTC After a Loss

OMG traumatic walk (horrid teenagers involved)

So we live really close to a high school, and at this time of day the area is crawling with teenagers. I was out on a walk just now and I stopped at a corner to cross, and I see this big obnoxious truck blasting some horrible music. Not sure what it was but I heard lyrics about "licking your booty" Confused

As I'm waiting at the corner to cross in front of the truck, the two teenage guys inside shout at me: "Nice camel toe!" I froze and tried to pretend I didn't hear them and just ignored. While trying to ignore them I also missed the light to cross, so they start laughing at me and shouting: "You're retarded! OMG she's retarded! She totally missed the light." Embarrassed

So then I didn't want to walk in front of them because I thought they might do something dumb like rev the engine to try to scare me, so I just waited through another light, which really got them laughing. Finally their light changed and they drove off. 

All of this after walking past a toddler and twins at FH park. I guess someday I will look back at this and laugh, but right now I'm kind of shaken up. And for the record I checked when I got home and I do not have camel toe, but there is a seam in the middle of these pants that makes it look like I do. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OMG traumatic walk (horrid teenagers involved)

• Ugh I have little patience for snotty little teenagers and that combined with my short fuse lately would not have made for a pleasant encounter.  Sorry you had to deal with that.  Punks.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • How obnoxious are teenagers today?!! I for the life of me do NOT remember being that disrespectful to adults.  Seriously, who taught them how to treat others?!  I am sorry they treated you so poorly!! 
    PRINCESS31stbirthday
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That just sucks.  I'm sorry. 

Can you give a description of the truck and passengers?  If so, it's worth a call to to principal to report their behavior.  Most principals will at least do something if they can identify the culprit. 

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • imagejinx75:
    How obnoxious are teenagers today?!! I for the life of me do NOT remember being that disrespectful to adults.  Seriously, who taught them how to treat others?!  I am sorry they treated you so poorly!! 

I TOTALLY agree.  I'm not going to say I was a saint, I'm sure I was a little brat, but I was afraid of adults.  Well maybe not afraid per se but I definitely didn't want to piss them off.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • I'm so sorry!  It's one of those losing situations.  I would have been tempted to mouth off to them, but that probably would have made things worse.  It sounds like you did the best thing possible.  Glad you made it home safe and sound!

BFP #1 7/21/10; Dx EP 8/2/10 - lost right tube ~ Myomectomy to remove fibroids - 11/12/10 ~ BFP #2 - 2/8/11 (EDD - 10/21/11) ~ C-Section on 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejinx75:
    How obnoxious are teenagers today?!! I for the life of me do NOT remember being that disrespectful to adults.  Seriously, who taught them how to treat others?!  I am sorry they treated you so poorly!! 

That's what I thought! It was so disrespectful and just kind of cruel the way they were laughing. As I walked on I just thought, wow your mothers would be horrified that you were talking to me like that.

• Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! How awful!

Ugh, teenagers drive me insane - I have absolutely no idea how I put up working with them all damn day lol

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKaren1998:

That just sucks.  I'm sorry. 

Can you give a description of the truck and passengers?  If so, it's worth a call to to principal to report their behavior.  Most principals will at least do something if they can identify the culprit. 

Good idea, I wish I could. I just remember a white truck, don't even know what make/model. I even thought as I approached, based on the music, how loud it was, etc., that they were probably going to be obnoxious, and I was right.

• Honestly, that is so awful!! When I was younger, I was terrified of adults, and would have NEVER been so cruel! I am so sorry :( Stupid hooligans.
    Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that!  What jerks!  Once all of us have our take-home babies, we'll make darn sure that we raise them knowing how to treat adults with respect, even when they start to go through their obnoxious teen years.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• UGH I hate teenagers! I'm sorry!
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • I'm sorry, Ginger, that you had to deal with that. Teenage boys can definitely be obnoxious. That on top of an FH spotting is no fun!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • I am so sorry you had to deal with that.  I am wondering what happened to our youth!?  I can't believe they would act like that!  I just hope that we can raise our children to be better than that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry that you had to deal with all that.
  • Wow, that sounds horrible.  Is there a better route you can take for your walks?  Kids now days I agree are horrible.  Hopefully the rest of your day goes better.  Big Smile
  • WTH is wrong with people??  When I hear things like this I can only imagine that something in their childhood went horribly wrong and turned them into giant d!ckheads.  I don't blame you for not reacting, but wouldn't you just love to grab them by the ear and yell at them to turn down their stinkin' music?  (Or whipping out a bat and whaling on their truck Big Smile.)  (WTF - "licking your booty"?)  ((HUGS))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• They might be @sshole teens with crappy parents who didn't teach them right from wrong.  But, there is also a high chance that they could be from decent families who would be horrified by their behavior.  I deal with that regularly, only middle school, not high school.  High school is worse. 

I am so sorry that you had to deal with that.  There is no excuse for the boorishness.  I would have probably said something back.  Seriously!!  It makes me furious for you!! 

• OMG, that is terrible!!!  And I cannot believe they said you had camel toe!  I am so sorry you had to deal with that.  I really hope that when I have teenagers someday, I will have taught them how to be more respectful to people.

imageimage
    M/C #1 2001 (6w1d); M/C #2: 10/02/10 (4w4d); M/C #3 05/26/11 (4w3d) Clomid BFP #4 7/18/11 @ 9DPO Please baby stick! Beta #1 (11DPO)=51; Beta #2 (13DPO)=170; Beta #3 (19DPO)=2659!! EDD: 03/31/12
  • What in the heck is wrong with those delinquents?  Who thinks that it is ok to speak to anyone like that?

I'm so sorry that you had a crummy walk.  I hope that a flock of birds *** on that truck...specifically into the mouths of the people in it. 

BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• That is just WRONG! What the heck is wrong with these people?!

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Those little punks deserved to be slapped! Maybe karma got them back and they got pulled over by the cops just a few blocks away for speeding or something. One can hope right?

Natural MCs 2/4/09, 8/22/09 & 4/7/10
    Dx with Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS)
    BFP #4 5/14/12
    5/17/12...1st Betas- 176, P4 3.6
    5/22/12...2nd Betas- 207, P4 6.1 (MC confirmed)
  • Ugh, that makes my blood boil!
  • What losers, makes you wonder who their parents are and why they didn't raise their kids better! Sorry you had to deal with this!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTCAL.buddies.with.LilMags.and.mundayem~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DS1 10/10/09, Angel Baby 9/19/10 (12 weeks), DD 11/11/11, DS2 11/12/12
  • Thanks for sharing my outrage girls, it really got my blood pressure up, KWIM? I also feel dumb for not doing anything, I was just so stunned with humiliation that I froze, now I wish I had gotten the plates, given them the finger, something.

I texted DH about it and he replied: "Jerks. They were lucky I wasn't there." and then later "I like your camel toe ;-)"  Oh, DH Stick out tongue

• imageitsmegin:

Thanks for sharing my outrage girls, it really got my blood pressure up, KWIM? I also feel dumb for not doing anything, I was just so stunned with humiliation that I froze, now I wish I had gotten the plates, given them the finger, something.

I texted DH about it and he replied: "Jerks. They were lucky I wasn't there." and then later "I like your camel toe ;-)"  Oh, DH Stick out tongue

lol Men!

Natural MCs 2/4/09, 8/22/09 & 4/7/10
    Dx with Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS)
    BFP #4 5/14/12
    5/17/12...1st Betas- 176, P4 3.6
    5/22/12...2nd Betas- 207, P4 6.1 (MC confirmed)
  • how rude! sorry you had to go through that today.

i love your DH's response!

• Ugh. I wish I would have been there to flip them the bird or something. That was completely uncalled for on all accounts. I can't believe teens are getting this ridiculous.
  • What little @$$hats!  I couldn't imagine doing that to anyone, even as a teen.  
  • UGH, God I hate when kids act that way.  What makes them think its okay to treat other people like that.  When my students are disrespectful, I always tell them (they are only in elementary school, but still, they need to hear the message often) - "How would you feel if someone did that to your mom (or dad)??"  I'm so sorry they were so horrible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"