Indiana Babies

Anyone know anything about whopping cough?

My friend just emailed me to let me know that she has it and when I saw her last she was contagious.  Does anyone know how long it can take to get it once exposed to it and if I should be worried since I'm pregnant?

I'll be bringing it up at my Dr. appt. later today but thought I would ask if anyone knows anything about it.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone know anything about whopping cough?

• I believe it could be a couple weeks (I'm sure a quick google search could tell you). I had a few students who had it once and they were out for a while, too. (I can't remember how long it takes to get it though).

If you're pregnant, they should have given you a TDap booster at some point, so you should have immunity that way. If not, I'd highly suggest getting a booster, I'm sure you've seen on the news all of the recent infant deaths due to whooping cough. 

• I know, that's why I'm worried about it.  I will be double checking with my dr. this afternoon about my shots and what would happen if I have it.  I know I cannot live in a bubble but seriously, of all the illnesses why did my friend get this and have to be around me?!?!  Let's just hope all my shots are up to date...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"