Breastfeeding
Options

do coworkers hear you pump?

Is this something I just need to *get over*?  My office walls are super thin.  I have 2 (older) male coworkers that share walls with me.  I turned on some classical music and shut the door, but you can still hear the pump.

There is a mother's room, but it is in another building, so it's not very convenient at all, especially as I am on the top floor of my building.  I used it once, but I don't think it is realistic to use it EVERY time, especially when I'm back to my old routine.  (right now I'm working 1/2 days and probably not pumping as often as I should)

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

Re: do coworkers hear you pump?

• Options

I hear talking in the conf room on the other side of the nursing moms room all the time so I guess they hear my pump.   That doesn't bother me.  What happens to me is I always run into high level execs while I am going in and out of the room. Embarrassed

• Options

My office is 4 feet from the water cooler so I have a steady group of people going by.  I'm pretty sure they can hear it but the person in the office next to me claims not to hear anything.  It was a little odd at first but I think we've all gotten used to it so we don't even hear it anymore.  Maybe a little too used to it because my staff has started asking questions through the door.  Our lactation room is in another building as well.  I don't want to go there and I like to work while I pump. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our lactation room is right next to the bathroom, so I suspect people can hear it. It used to freak me out, but I don't care anymore. I'm not doing anything dirty or criminal, I'm just trying to feed my kid the best I possibly can.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"