DH go to OB appt? Pre op? — The Bump
Atlanta Babies

DH go to OB appt? Pre op?

Tomorrow is my last OB appt.  I have always just gone by myself.  DH doesn't have a lot of leave so it never made sense to drag him along for just a 10 min visit.  But with all these contrax, maybe he should come tomorrow just in case they send me to L&D?  And what about pre-op?  I have that on Thursday.  I'm assuming this is just bloodwork but is there something else they will do?  Do I need to bring someone along or can I do this myself? 

Re: DH go to OB appt? Pre op?

• i didn't have to do any of that, so I'm not sure, but my gut would be for him to go with if you think there's a chance you might go to l&d today.  

but, if he goes, you won't and if he doesn't you will.  that is how life usually works, right?  :) 

• Loading the player...
  • imageDaisygirl613:

but, if he goes, you won't and if he doesn't you will.  that is how life usually works, right?  :) 

Yes, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking.  But let's not forget that when Gavin was born, I didn't take DH along to my appointment that day and when I got there his heartrate was really slow.  So the OB actually ended up driving me to the hospital herself.  I'd like to avoid that this time...

• Loading the player...
  • yup, that's why I'd say take him.  it sounds like you have a lot of activity going on.  When I had Cooper I had gone in to dr b/c of contractions on monday and I hadn't changed - was still 2 cm dilated.  Then on Friday I didn't want to go in to L&D (after hours) b/c I figured they would tell me nothing had changed again.  But they said if I had dilated ANY more at all w/ those inconsistent contractions, then I was having a baby that night. 

And I did. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards