Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

All these clubs.....

I started these sites with the knot in 2008 and have been on here the whole time through pregnanacy and now through DD's life so far....

I get on line almost every day and honestly I didn't even notice that people formed clubs & groups along the way until about 8 months ago. I guess the reason I never noticed is because I just didn't pay close enough attention.  I dabble here and there into posts that sound interesting...

So How did these groups even start?  Do you all know eachother IRL?  Do you all recruit?  Do people ask?  Where did this idea even come from?

The only reason I'm asking is because I'm baffled by all of this.  Not in a bad way per se but I just don't get how it even got that serious in the first place.  I'm not being snarky I'm just curious.

Re: All these clubs.....

• Options

Depends on the group... I know NiMo started when one person created a chatzy room, and posted an open invitation on the board to come and chat, whoever wanted to, that was in the 6 - 9 group at the time. A bunch came in, and some of them came in regularly, and started to really get to know each other. Eventually we started joking around about MeMo, and not being anything like them, so someone coined the phrase "Nice Mommies" and shortened it to "NiMo" and hence the "club" was formed.

Other groups were created because the members have met offsite. Others recruit. Like I said, depends on the group and the particular situation. I can only tell you how NiMo started.

• Options

Most of the them started from people who were just friends on the bump.  CKC are a group of friends IRL, I think.  I haven't even noticed clubs anymore.  There was a big uproar a while back and the CKC took their badges off their siggies because some people were feeling left out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagevmm0016:

Most of the them started from people who were just friends on the bump.  CKC are a group of friends IRL, I think.  I haven't even noticed clubs anymore.  There was a big uproar a while back and the CKC took their badges off their siggies because some people were feeling left out.

Left out?  Lol!  This is SO funny to me on so many different levels.  Well thank you all for explaining this to me.

• Options
    The only way I would have ever known that these clubs existed were from the badges, but I think most people took them down.  I tend to stay on the fringes of the bump world and don't get too involved.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options
    imageKrisann79:
    imagevmm0016:

Left out?  Lol!  This is SO funny to me on so many different levels.  Well thank you all for explaining this to me.

You missed the whole ordeal man!  I am not part of the club and I feel so left out, LOL!  I am just kidding.  Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"