Cloth Diapering
Options

Diaper Pail Solutions

We are planning to CD, but at this point it looks like our child care provider will likely use disposables.  I'm trying to figure out how to set up our changing area so we have a place for trash and a place for cloth laundry.  I'm considering getting a recylcing/twin bucket can with side by side compartments, but each compartment ends up being pretty small (5-8 gallons).  

Will that be big enough if I plan to wash every other day?   We're going to start with prefolds and covers so not a lot of extra bulk.  

What pail liners may fit?  It looks like most fit 13 gallon cans.

Any other solutions?  What do you do if you use both cloth and disposables?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.  Sorry for rambling.  I may be over-thinking this! 

Re: Diaper Pail Solutions

• Options
    Is your provider coming to your home?  If not, why do you need a disposable set up at home?  Maybe I'm just not following you..
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageVABride2008:
    Is your provider coming to your home?  If not, why do you need a disposable set up at home?  Maybe I'm just not following you..

No, but if our provider is using disposables, baby will come home wearing a disposable, right? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's just one disposable per day I would just toss it in the regular trash....no sense making things complicated in the nursery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageSarahC720:
    If it's just one disposable per day I would just toss it in the regular trash....no sense making things complicated in the nursery.

I would do this.  Otherwise you are going to have disposable diapers sitting for a long time before you actually have a full trash can and I think they will begin to stink.  I'd just toss it in with the regular trash.  Or I guess you could change her before you come home!?

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP -- we have a tiny little step trash can (the kind you might have in your bathroom) that we line with a grocery bag and in it go our odd disposable (we use it when we're out for the day so we can throw away dirties) and other trash -- your baby will make actual trash -- q-tips or thermometer covers or the odd cotton ball or sticker or wipe or piece of fluff that somehow makes it on the baby's outfit.
  • Options
    Thanks.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"