Northern California Babies
Options

What a weekend

Thursday of course was Thanksgiving, and DH took E over to my MIL's house a couple hours early so I could have some non-baby time and get ready without a toddler under my feet. I get there and the first thing I hear is, "So R, we are changing up the Christmas plans. You are no longer hosting Christmas Eve, MIL is doing that, you get Christmas morning & breakfast, and FIL's GF is hosting Christmas dinner." UMMM Thanks DH, I appreciate you speaking for me. I wanted to host Christmas Eve, I was actually looking forward to using my china and all the new table decorations I have already ordered.

Although, I am counting my blessings on it. DH and I went through our finances and we have no $ until I can get the condo in Atlanta fixed up and rented. I actually had to call my sister this morning for a loan so we can pay off most of our CCs and start saving for the taxes we are going to have to pay in April. The problem is that I already ordered and bought decorations for a formal holiday dinner. It won't be the same with doing breakfast. Oh well. I know this will be easier and I will get to spend more time with E, but I love hosting and doing a BIG event.

Re: What a weekend

• Options

Wow bummer that everything got shuffled on you. What kind of decorations did you order?

We have had a simular thing in that I was organized in getting gift together and now my side does want to exchange or get together for Christmas. ok I guess I will try to return what I can and deal with the rest. Man usually being organized and ahead of things helps us.

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have ordered and just received the 2 greenery centerpieces & pinecone baskets from the cub scouts. I just bought the 2 table runners, tablecloths, and the decorations for a purple & silver decorated dining room. Oh well, I guess I will decorate the house with them and I can use them in our Lions Christmas Dinner in a few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"