Cloth Diapering
Options

Dominic is frustrating.....don't really want to quit CDing....

We have been using CD with Natalie since she was around 8 months old and have had great success.   It doesn't matter which brand we use with her, they all work great!!!

And then we had Dominic......  the boy that nothing fits.    We currently have gdiapers, Bum Genius 4, flip, blueberry, and fuzzibunz.    They all leak with him - granted not for every diaper change but at least a couple diaper changes during the day he's leaked through.    There is the very odd day that he doesn't leak.    I use disposables with him for out and about and night time (although he does leak out of those nearly daily as well).    It's just pee leaks... the CD's contain his poop better than disposables.

I'm making sure to point 'him' down at every change....the diapers do not need to be stripped.......   I've just ordered a couple of aristocrat wool covers and am yet to order prefolds or fitteds (debating which ones to use).......

Suggestions/encouragement/help?!?!?    I love CDing and I don't want to switch, but some days I really want to throw in the towel for him!!!

Re: Dominic is frustrating.....don't really want to quit CDing....

• Options
    We had trouble with DS leaking with pocket dipes.  I couldn't get a good fit around his legs and with some around his waist.  We switched to fiteds, GMs, and covers and wool and haven't had a problem since.  I like the blueberry covers and thirstie duos. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD ahs recently started leaking out of pockets so I am switching over to fitteds. Love them. I love Goodmamas, Monkey Snuggles, BSRBs and BubuBebes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Or, you can just as easily put wool over the pockets you already have.  Wool is not only for fitteds or PFs.  You can put a wool cover over anything, so don't feel like you must invest in a bunch of fitteds to put wool on your son.  :)  My LO wears pockets and AIOs to daycare with wool pants/longies.  The Aristocrats will fit nicely over your son's pockets and will absorb whatever pee sneaks out.
  • Options

Thanks ladies!    What are BSRBs?      I'll try wool over the pockets).    I think I'll get a couple of fitteds for his stocking.   Natalie is in the same size of diaper as Dominic, so they will both benefit!   (she's tiny)

I'm crazy excited for the wool to get here.  I bought them off Kijiji (the pics looked perfect).   

• Options
    BSRB = Bagshot Row Bamboo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had to go to PFs and covers and fitteds and covers with DD b/c she leaked out of pockets. I'd try something other than a pocket with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"