Hawaii Babies
Options

Yes I cried over my hair

So I got my hair done today and I sent Amy a BIG msg on the whole thing... here's my msg... any tips?

...  I got my hair done tonight (cut and colored). I spent $200 on the bill and told the lady who did it I wasn't sure I liked it and it was too dark for what I wanted. She did it last time and it turned out AWESOME. She also said that she saved what she did last time in the computer and that somehow it got lost but not to worry that it would be fine... I did take the same picture as last time in and she said "oh don't worry I got this".. I didn't worry until it came out and it's SO dark, nearly a grayish brown with caramel/red lowlights and blonde (platinum) hilights... not what it was last time. Last time she foiled three colors, a "chocolate brown", blond (NOT platinum) and a rich caramel (with NO hint of red)... I called and spoke with her and she's not working but she got me in with someone else... I've tried hunting for pictures of how it looked last time but can't find any (of course there are TONS of pics of my hubby and kid but none of me)... any tips on how to get this fixed and not come across as a giant ***... I don't want to seem like that about it but we have family pics on Sunday so I can't have them looking like this... it's TERRIBLE!!

TIA the super emotional cried over a bad dye job 5 1/2 months pregnant, Sarah...

Re: Yes I cried over my hair

• Options
    Eek! I think they need to fix it (complimentary) since they're the ones who messed up...and esp for $200. What happened when you told her that you didn't like it? I don't think you'll come across as anything but a customer who deserves to have their hair done right, especially since she assured you that it was going to be okay and it wasn't. I think you can explain that the hair didn't turn out the way it was last time (which is what you asked for) and you have family pics this weekend and you really need it fixed for that. IMO, they should offer to re-do it if you're at all even a bit unhappy with it. GL!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    When I told her I didn't like it she said she could fix it next week and I re-explained to her that I had family pictures scheduled for Sunday that were with my SIL's fam too so they couldn't be rescheduled. She got me in with someone else but said "it's darker than you wanted but we can just use a toner to fix it"... I explained that it needs more than a toner, it needs a total re-do. She slotted me for a two hour time frame. It took 4 hours today so I'm hoping the new girl can fix it in the two hour frame she scheduled me for!! I'm nervous BUT I did find some pictures that I'm going to go to Walmart and print off tomorrow so that should help too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad I just checked here to see if you posted anything on this.  NO, a toner will NOT fix it.  It will fix the blonde and caramel/red color, but it won't lighten up the parts that are too dark (rule numero uno....color can't lift color!!!).  If the person knows what they are doing it can be fixed in 2 hours.  I would never go to her again, honestly.  If it were me, I'd come in on my day off and do whatever I had to in order to make this right for you.  And if they try to charge you for anything, refuse.
  • Options

Ugh. That is so annoying. If they don't keep careful records, it's not going to come out the same. I don't have any good advice, but I hope they fix it to your liking. You definitely shouldn't have to pay a penny for them to fix their mistake.

• Options
    I would have cried if I wasn't PG! 
  • Options

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry. I hope you were able to have it fixed. I have cried many a tear over hairdo's gone wrong...not.fun.at.all.

• Options

Oh no!  That's happened to me (right before our e-photos), and since I was her last appointment, she said I should come back to fix it.  I left the salon in tears.  I went back the next day, and she wasn't in.  They called her at home and she was really snarky about it - and then I asked for a refund because of her attitude.  Up until then, we had a really good relationship until this.   I would see her on a regular basis, tipped well and even gave her Christmas gifts.  I was such a nice client to her, and then she was really nasty to me.  I even talked to the salon owner about her attitude.  And they were jerks.  Anyway, I never went back to her and spent more money trying to fix it elsewhere and finally did.   I would ask her nicely to fix it herself.  Don't get another hair dresser involved as it complicates things more.  Sending you good hair vibes for pics Sarah.  

P.S.  If you pay by credit card, you could always try and dispute it.  I wish I did this.  They were such jerks, that they totally didn't deserve the payment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"