North Carolina Babies

Take DS to the Dr? WWYD?

DS is sick for the first time and we just had our 4th night of no sleep - DS is waking every single hour.  I don't want to be THAT parent that takes their kid in for every little illness, but after reading Jamie's post about poor Margo and her EI, I'm concerned.  DS has a runny/stuff nose and a slight cough from the drainage.  My parents had colds last week and DS was around them Thanksgiving.  During the day he seems ok - pretty happy and playing, but at night he wakes up screaming every single hour and is sometimes unconsoleable.  He has not had a fever, but we occassionally give some some tylenol at night because he feels so crummy.

Could this be an EI?  I'm thinking the drainage at night is the problem.  We are also doing saline drops and running a humidifier.

Re: Take DS to the Dr? WWYD?

• I would definitely take him in.  Every time we had nights like that we ended up going in and it was an EI.  I finally learned that after the first night just to take him in because it is only going to get worse.  My LO has never had a fever with an EI so don't count on that as indication.

I hope he feels better soon!

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would take him in too. 4 nights in a row of no sleep is no fun for anyone & I'm sure there's a reason.

Hope he feels better soon! 

• Loading the player...
  • imageAngelPack:

I would definitely take him in.  Every time we had nights like that we ended up going in and it was an EI.  I finally learned that after the first night just to take him in because it is only going to get worse.  My LO has never had a fever with an EI so don't count on that as indication.

I hope he feels better soon!

Ditto this entirely... Holly also never had a fever with an EI. What you're describing sounds exactly like what EI's were like for us. You're his mommy and you know something's not right--don't worry about being "that parent!"

ETA: Holly's were also almost always accompanied by, or occurred right after, a cold/snottiness/drainage.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Thanks!  He has an appt. at 1pm today.  Hughes - thanks - I know something is not right, especially his inconsoleable crying all through the night!
  • Hope Tipp is feeling better soon. We've been through quite a few ear infections and Jack has never had a fever. His always started with a cold and the drainage caused the EI.
  • It could be teething (R got her first 2 at 4 months!).  But I'd definitely take him to the doctor.  Better safe than sorry and plus, it'll give you peace of mind if anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"