Upstate NY Babies

So who did some Black Fri shopping?

What did ya get?

I went while we were in Rochester...bought stuff at TRU for niece(1) and nephews(4) and even wrapped them when I got back! We left them at ILs so we don't have to load up on even more stuff on Xmas Eve.

I also finally bought the kids the anywhere chairs - $20 off each! BUT I had to use ILs 20 year old computer with DIAL UP....so it took me FOR.EV.ER!! haha!!

And I bought DH a TomTom at Best Buy...he reeeeaaaaallly wants one, haha!

I definitely accomplished a lot (esp the wrapping)...so that feels good. Esp with packing and moving and everything.

Re: So who did some Black Fri shopping?

• ummm I bought a new washer and dryer....Embarrassed

In my defense we NEEDED it!  Our dryer bit the dust on Tuesday, and we had planned on replacing them, just not right before Christmas.  :)

• We actually went that night and just did shopping for ourselves - DH desperately needed new jeans, so we took advantage of Old Navy's special. The place was a disaster area. I feel so badly for the workers that have to clean up the store after closing.

Telyco - glad you got the anywhere chairs! I saw the promotion in front fo the store and thought of you!

I typically do Christmas shopping during the week after work when things aren't too crazy. I may not get the best deals, but I get to keep my sanity!

• Loading the player...
  • i arrived at TRU a little after 10. walked the line that wrapped around the building and through the parking lot down to the entrance over by the old circut city (NFB & Sheridan)

went back and moved my car to a better spot and i got in line around 10:30, finally entered the store around midnight. they were out of the train table in the ad, but an employee brought one back to the shelf but i couldn't find the train set that was free with the (cheap) table. i ended up buying the more expensive table with the 100 piece train set.

my cousin who was at the store with me said "your're only buying that because you're not leaving here empty handed!" she was kinda right.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did a lot of online shopping.  Never left the house.  Bought a new laptop, a Keurig, some pjs for the kids, BabyLegs, a memory foam pillow, boots (for me), and bunch of other random crap.  I really don't feel like I made much of a dent in my Christmas shopping though.

• My mom and I did really well at Walmart with their price matching and my discount.  I got Gavin a couple games, 4 Tag Jr. books, a couple pairs of PJs, and a doctor's kit.  I got DH a ipod nano at Target and got $25 in gift cards.  I was so excited to get to go again!
  • I went to Old Navy, Toys R' Us, Kohls, Target and BRU.  I got the $10 diaper deals (6 boxes at two different stores) I really hope they work well.  We shall see.  I got a ton of toys, a crockpot, clothes, picture frames,baby food and some other stuff.  All the toys I got were 50% or more off.  She is now set for Christmas and her birthday.  I was so tired on Friday, but it was worth it. 
  • Just a few things online...Shutterfly has their sale until Wednesday, so I will be ordering stuff from there for the grandparents.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should have ordered the anywhere chairs through the store.. That way you would have saved shipping. you would have had to pick them up (i guess from rochester if that is where you were when you ordered them).

Anyway.. I just went to target around noon on black friday.. I got Eve Mega Bloks and a magnadoodle thing.. And PJs for her and I and some throw pillows for my couch. Nothing big or exciting.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • imageMelissaSue81:

You should have ordered the anywhere chairs through the store.. That way you would have saved shipping. you would have had to pick them up (i guess from rochester if that is where you were when you ordered them).

I tried! But since I got the oversized - I had to do it online or over the phone. PLUS they were offering a $20 gift card for every $100 spent...so I would have "saved" another $40! Grrr...I actually thought about writing a letter saying it was unfair - but I never write letters :)

• imageTelyco:
    imageMelissaSue81:

You should have ordered the anywhere chairs through the store.. That way you would have saved shipping. you would have had to pick them up (i guess from rochester if that is where you were when you ordered them).

I tried! But since I got the oversized - I had to do it online or over the phone. PLUS they were offering a $20 gift card for every $100 spent...so I would have "saved" another $40! Grrr...I actually thought about writing a letter saying it was unfair - but I never write letters :)

I'd definitely contact them.  Not sure about their customer service, but I've found that contacting companies when you're not satisfied always has nice endings.  :)   Refunds, free products, discounts on future purchases, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"