Trouble TTC

XP from IF: D&C & Severe back pain ?

Has anyone had a D&C (for a polypectomy, m/c  or any other reason) and had a really sore back for a while after?

Back on the 19th, the RE did a D&C to remove a large polyp. They were in there for over 45 minutes trying to remove it. Since it was so large, it was tough for them to completely see the stem, so they were unsuccessful in actually removing it ( they got it almost totally cut off but it was hanging by a strand). At that point, I was in so much pain (almost going into shock), they had to stop. I ended up passing it, though, so all is good in the polyp world.

The only odd thing is that I have had a sore back ever since. It's worse if I bend down/over for any amount of time. It was actually getting better until yesterday. I was bent over for about 10 minutes trying to fix our Christmas tree. When I stood up, I was in severe pain and am still in pain now.

Is this just a freak occurance or is the back pain related to the surgery? Short of going to the doc to get pain meds/muscle relaxors, what's the best way to help? I tried laying on the floor, a heating pad and now some "Icy Hot". So far, nothing is really helping Sad

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison

Re: XP from IF: D&C & Severe back pain ?

• Oh no!  Sorry to hear that you're having this back pain!   I had a D&C about a month ago and didn't experience this.  Have you had a fever at all, or does your pain feel like it's a nerve or muscle issue?  I had instructions to call if I had a fever higher than 101.  I didn't feel great for several days after (like I just had a weird feeling), but as long as I didn't have a fever I didn't feel compelled to call.  When in doubt, though, doesn't hurt to call the office. 

I think it's weird that your doctor didn't put you completely out to do your surgery...that sounds brutal!  Did they give you anything at all?  I was under general anesthesia.

• imageSweetTea*83:

Oh no!  Sorry to hear that you're having this back pain!   I had a D&C about a month ago and didn't experience this.  Have you had a fever at all, or does your pain feel like it's a nerve or muscle issue?  I had instructions to call if I had a fever higher than 101.  I didn't feel great for several days after (like I just had a weird feeling), but as long as I didn't have a fever I didn't feel compelled to call.  When in doubt, though, doesn't hurt to call the office. 

I think it's weird that your doctor didn't put you completely out to do your surgery...that sounds brutal!  Did they give you anything at all?  I was under general anesthesia.

It's muscle related, I think. It feels really sore & I have random muscle spasms. They also told me to call if I had a fever, but I haven't had one.

After the procedure, the RE admitted she was a bit "overzealous" with trying to remove it w/o puttinng me under. They had me take a valium before hand but that's it. They did send me home (after the D&C) with a Rx for percocets, but those made me sick to my stomach Sad

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs. Mo:
    imageSweetTea*83:

Oh no!  Sorry to hear that you're having this back pain!   I had a D&C about a month ago and didn't experience this.  Have you had a fever at all, or does your pain feel like it's a nerve or muscle issue?  I had instructions to call if I had a fever higher than 101.  I didn't feel great for several days after (like I just had a weird feeling), but as long as I didn't have a fever I didn't feel compelled to call.  When in doubt, though, doesn't hurt to call the office. 

It's muscle related, I think. It feels really sore & I have random muscle spasms. They also told me to call if I had a fever, but I haven't had one.

After the procedure, the RE admitted she was a bit "overzealous" with trying to remove it w/o puttinng me under. They had me take a valium before hand but that's it. They did send me home (after the D&C) with a Rx for percocets, but those made me sick to my stomach Sad

Wow, you're a trooper!  Sorry I don't have more advice about your back, but glad you don't have a fever.  Good luck and hope it goes away soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"