Multiples
Options

Daycare "trial" today--so nervous

We're bringing the babies to DH's parent's house for a daycare "trial" today to ensure that MIL has what she needs when I go back to work and how many days a week she thinks she can do. She'll be watching them at least two days a week. I'm a nervous wreck and so sad to be without them, even though when I'm home alone with them, I dream of adult interaction, getting out of the house easily, etc. Ugh, such mixed emotions. I totally trust MIL--she loves the babies, has a PhD in early childhood development, taught kids for 30+ years, was a child development professor at a university, ran a daycare center, was a principal, raised DH and he came out ok, :) etc. so I know she can do it and is so excited about it. But, she's also traditional in that she doesn't have swings, bouncers, etc. and I know how much DD and DS love their bouncers. So, we'll see how today goes. I think it will be way worse for me than the babies. I'm going to try not to think about the babies too much by doing a little retail therapy at the mall (although I may be crying about that when I try clothes on and nothing still fits).

Re: Daycare "trial" today--so nervous

• Options

It sounds like you have a very competant MIL to handle caring for them during the day, which is wonderful!

I've found, for all of my babies, that they like different things at different places.  The twins love swings at home, but prefer exersaucers at day care.  You might be surprised that MIL does ok without bouncers for them.  They'll settle into their own routine there, and that's ok.  Mine have always napped differently, too.

My philosphy has always been that my kids can never have too much love.  The more people that love them, the better, and day care is no exception.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

it is definelty an adjust at first...but your LOs will do great with your MIL I am sure...and so nice that they will be with family at least a couple days/week...and with such a competent MIL...FWIW...my girls slept in their bouncy chairs at dc but wouldn't have anything to do with them at home and always slept in a pnp/crib there...they will have their own little routine and it will be all good...enjoy your retail therapy!  And if you get sidelined with clothes just head over to shoes...shoes always fit!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom watched my DD for 2 years before I sent her to a school program. You will love watching the bond between your child and grandparent. It's amazing. There are things that my DD knows grandma will do and I will not. For example, at nap time, my mom will lay there and scratch my DD's back before she goes to bed. DD loves it. It's something special between the two of them.

I knew my mom was capable and I just let her do her own thing. I guided her on what we did at home, but if it wasn't working for her, she figured it out. Trust is a big thing that you need to grow with your MIL. If you trust her, everything will be okay.

Have fun shopping!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"