Two Under 2
Options

If you have two under 14 months...

...I'm curious if the back-to-back pregnancies played any part in having an earlier labor.  My first was born at 42 weeks, so I haven't been expecting any "surprises."  But I do wonder if things happen earlier the second-time-around? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: If you have two under 14 months...

• Options
    No earlier for me,  With DS#1 I was induced at 40w4d, and with DS#2, I went into labor on my own at 40w4d.  Apparently, my body likes that number.  But I did progress faster (and easier) my second time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went a couple of days longer with DD2 but it only took a few minutes to push her out :)
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 2 are 14 months apart, DS1 was born at 38w5d and DS2 was born at 37w3d.   So yes, I was earlier, but that is not always the case.  I don't believe back to back pregnancies have anything to do with it.  I did have low AFI so I was scheduled to be induced at 37w3d if I wouldn't have gone into labor on my own the night before.
  • Options
    DS1 was born at 33 wks, DS2 almost made it to 40 weeks - not earlier for me!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Options
    mine are 12 months apart.  Both were early.  I do not think my issues with pre-term labor this time around had anything to do with back-to-back pregnancies
  • Options
    My third was conceived when my second was 10 weeks old. I had issues with PTL with her, but also had a chronic abruption with her and cervicitis, so neither were related to the b2b pregnancies.
  • Options
    Good!  Thanks for the responses guys!  It sounds like a lot of the time maybe labor is faster but not necessarily earlier.   Makes me feel a lot better about making it to my due date....every day counts!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"