Military Families

mil-mil

Any military to military families out there?  Whats your family care plan?
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}

Re: mil-mil

• Local/short-term:  My cousins happen to live a couple hours away

Long-term: My mom and/or my husband's parents 

At our last base, I had the wing secretary be my short-term person.  If you are having problems, find a civilian who wouldn't mind doing it for a few days until your long-term provider could get there. 

• DH and I are both AD Army. Our family care plan...eh... I'm currently waiting on orders from HRC for my resignation. We don't have a family care plan, so I am having to step out of the Army for right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGreen*Flamingo:
    DH and I are both AD Army. Our family care plan...eh... I'm currently waiting on orders from HRC for my resignation. We don't have a family care plan, so I am having to step out of the Army for right now.

I WISH!  the navy is so strict they will not let me do this.  we have so many rules in this instruction i can not by pass a single one. 

my hubby and i are both AD navy.  he got sent up to VA for two years and i am not able to go with him.  reason 1 i cant transfer for 2 years of which i have only done one year.  reason 2 my XH my DDs father put in our divorce that i can not leave the state of FL or he will take custody of my DD.  over my dead body!  so our family care plan is kinda a mess.  my DD goes to her granny short term and long term to her dad. my DS goes to my DDs granny short term and long term to his grandma in Arkansas.  its a crazy mess!  it was just something i threw together until i can get out in 2012!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh that sucks. Luckily for us, my ADSO was complete a while back, I was just staying in until we had a baby. Since I didn't have any obligation time remaining due to PCS or schooling, no one could deny my resignation. My command is also supportive since they know I lost both my parents during my deployment and I have no other family. There is no family care plan because I have no one to ask to step in.

I hope you are able to work out the details of the divorce and custody issue. Given that you are military, I am surprised they put in there about you leaving the state of florida. Obviously you would have to leave at some point...

• DH and I are both AD AF. Short Term/Local: will be friend of family in local area. Long term: DH's father since he is retired. He could be here at our house in 24 hours.
  • My husband and I are AD Air Force. Right now we are still TTC, so no plan as of yet. Long term would be my parents. Not sure what our short would be.
  • We are both AD Navy. 

Short term: A Navy friend's non-Navy wife.  God forbid something were to happen, she already has an ID card and access to the CDC and military hospitals, commissary, NEX, etc.

Long term: My parents.

This thing was a PITA to come up with but thankfully I'm on shore until I get out so it really is worse case.

• DH is AD Marines and I was AD Navy.Our family care plan while DH was deployed and I was at boot camp and school was our parents (they both lived 15 mins from eachother). DS ended up staying with my parents and in laws for about a year and a half before I finally got actual orders to san diego. I was put on a ship that was deploying one month before DH and the grandparents said they couldnt and wouldnt take DS again so I had to actually get out of the Navy and got an honorable discharge :( I was soooo bummed out...
    *Amber* *Proud momma to my two boys*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"