Breastfeeding
Options

well crud; re: bottle. WWYD?

DD was a sucking champ!  From just a couple of weeks old she went from breast, to bottle to paci just fine.  I'm a SAHM now, company closed branch just after my maternity leave. I guess I haven't been diligent in giving DD a bottle very often over the last 6-8 weeks.  DH has given her an oz here and there with a lot of effort but we thought she wasn't really very hungry.  I stupidly assumed it would all be fine.  Well tonight we both tried to give her a bottle and she wouldn't take it from either of us (w/ me in or out of the room).  I think this has been building but I haven't been away for more than a few hours and she has now unlearned bottle feeding.

I have to intern this week Thursday - Monday from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and I don't know yet about DD visiting for lunch.  

I'm feeling horrible for not being better about bottle feeding.  Should I try switching to a sippy cup or ...?  Any advice greatly appreciated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: well crud; re: bottle. WWYD?

• Options

We didn't keep a consistent bottle in the mix either and now DD rejects them completely. Instead, I've gone to using a sippy cup with the seal removed, so the milk flows out fast. It's more like she's drinking from a cup then a nipple that way. Worst case scenario...they could try that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"