Working Moms
Options

POLL: How was your Turkey day?

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...?

2) Dressed up or casual?

3) Did you cook?

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate?

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)?

Re: POLL: How was your Turkey day?

• Options

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...? Totally relaxed weekend with the family in Palm Springs.  We played with the kids, fed the ducks at the park, made a fantastic meal, drank wine, sat in the hot tub....ate and ate and ate...

2) Dressed up or casual? Totally casual.

3) Did you cook? I cooked with my Aunt and sister. Brined the turkey and it was really great.

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate? I made these sweet potatoes from Cooking Light.  Totally easy and I swear they were so good I want to eat them every day.

Here is it - boil some sweet potatoes and mash them or whip them. Salt and pepper to taste and stir in about a tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary. Saut? a cup of thinly sliced shallots in a couple tablespoons of olive oil for about 5 minutes then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar - continue saut?ing until brown and crispy and then sprinkle them on the top of the mashed sweet potatoes.

I SWEAR TO YOU that you will not miss the butter, cream or marshmallows.

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)? Me and I am looking for simple ideas.

• Options

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...? Fun, but hectic. I think I only sat down to eat.

2) Dressed up or casual? Casual

3) Did you cook? I contributed with a side dish and pies and made the mashed potatoes and gravy for her when I got there, my mom did the rest. I helped her in the kitchen all day.

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate? Mashed potatoes - I can never get enough of them, especially when I make them right!

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)? We'll be visiting DH's families for Christmas, so we'll be bouncing back and forth between his father's and aunt's houses.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSpenjamins:

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...?  Fun, we traveled to the snow and spent the weekend w/ my parents at their cabin.

2) Dressed up or casual?   Casual

3) Did you cook?   We always eat at a Thanksgiving buffet, no one has to cook!

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate?  Mmmm they had a chocolate fountain

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)?   Maybe mom or DH

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...? Fun. After spending the day with family we stayed at a resort near Disney World and had a great view of Hollywood Studios.  We spent a good part of Black Friday swimming at the pool. The only somewhat stressful part was driving home on I-75 while trying to keep the kids entertained. 

2) Dressed up or casual? We wore nice casual clothes.

3) Did you cook? Since we drove that morning we brought stuffing and other easy things to cook. My brother and SIL did most of the cooking.

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate? Everything was great but the turkey was excellent. Oh, and if you count drinks I loved the Coquito (sort of like eggnog, with coconut and rum). :-)

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)? We are spending Christmas at my house so DH and I will cook.

• Options
    imageSpenjamins:

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...?  Quite relaxed.  We had a great holiday weekend.

2) Dressed up or casual? casual

3) Did you cook?  Yes, the only items I did not supply were the wine and the vegetable!

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate?  I gotta say my dairy/egg free pumpkin pie.  It ROCKED!

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)?  Sister-in-law is hosting Christmas.  I am off the hook for the rest of the holiday season!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...? Sick

2) Dressed up or casual? pj's

3) Did you cook? No

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate? Nothing

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)? Christmas and we're bringing some goodies to my older sister's house.

• Options

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...?  Somewhat stressful - DH spent a lot of time arguing with them and SIL about how to cook the turkey and they all ended up wrecking it (it was horribly overcooked).  But it was fun to dress up DD for her 1st Thanksgiving, and she had a great time with all of her cousins.

2) Dressed up or casual?  Somewhat dressed up.  My ILs prefer us to dress up like it's a business casual event. 

3) Did you cook?  I made the sweet potatoes.

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate?  My SIL's stuffing.

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)?  Thanksgiving and Christmas are potluck events, so everyone cooks.  I'm hoping to be able to make a dessert for Christmas.  I love baking.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSpenjamins:

1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...?

Pretty relaxed.  Didn't have dinner until 5 pm and it was at my mom's.  I spent the morning preping some things for dinner and relaxes a bit too.

2) Dressed up or casual?  snappy casual

3) Did you cook? I made all of the sides and rolls/pumpkin muffins

4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate? my mom's stuffing kicked a$$ this year.

5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)?  Hanukkah - already had our first party yesterday, but I didn't really have to cook for it (brought some cheese and store bought baked goods).  Will have a couple more next weekend and will bring something easy.  I refuse to make latkes in my house.  Too stinky!

ETA: Scratch that, one of the parties is at my house.  I will be buying frozen latkes b/c, yes, I am that lazy.  lol!

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...?Thursday was stressful because I had a lot of people in my house and couldn't spend as much time with LO as possible. Rest of the weekend was rough as LO was still recovering from Thursday (and being passed around to people he didn't know very well) 2) Dressed up or casual?Casual 3) Did you cook?Helped cook. 4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate?My 5 lb apple pie. And the homemade stuffing... mmm stuffing. 5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)?Christmas is pot luck so no big cooking needed! 
  • Options

1)  Fun but stressful.  We had 3- one each on Thurs, Fri, & Sat. 

2)  Casual- all three.

3)  I was responsible for dessert at the first two (3 pies for Thursday, a cheesecake for Friday), but just the veggie tray at the 3rd.  I prefer to bring dessert- it gets more accolades than other dishes!

4)  DH's aunt made some awesome stuffing that I thought was the best, and I normally don't like stuffing very much. DH said my blueberry pie was his favorite, which of course made me happy.

5)  We'll have multiple Christmases as well.  Most of them I'll just contribute a dessert, but we're hosting for my parents & sisters so I'll do the cooking and they'll all bring a side.

• Options
    1. totally relaxed

2. Casual

3. nope, not a thing! Dh's grandmother is in her late 80s but still insists on doing the whole meal from scratch herself. She'll let MIL lend a hand a bit, but she shoes everyone else out of the kitchen.

4. either the dark chocolate mousse or the stuffing 5. Christmas will be at out house with DH cooking. It'll be just us and a few friends. I'm on-call Christmas eve night, so here's to hoping for a slow night for traumas so I get some rest :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1) Fun, stressful, relaxed...? Relaxed2) Dressed up or casual? Business Casual3) Did you cook? Hell no!. The only thing I cook is homemade baby food. Thank goodness for DH. 4) What was the best dish you cooked or ate? Sweet Potatoes5) Who is cooking for your next big holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza...)? MIL for Christmas 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"