High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Preeclampsia/hellp

I just delivered a baby in August and I experienced both. I did lose my first baby and the doctors still do not know why I had a Placenta abruption. I was wondering has anyone here had pre e and help and if they went onto have more children? I need positive vibes for my future. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Re: Preeclampsia/hellp

• Options
    i was wondering the same thing. i had both with this LO and would love to have more kids i just hope this doesn't happen again. it was such a pain and the drs had no idea why it happen to me. GL and hope both our futures look positive to having a happy and healthy pregnancy next time :)
    IMG_0970 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ladies, see my post below entitled "A Year Ago Today" if you haven't already.  I shared my success story with my second pregnancy after having severe pre-eclampsia and HELLP with my first son.  I do also know of one poster (I haven't seen her post in quite a while) who was forced to deliver her first son at 23.5 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP.  He did not survive.  She was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden, I believe.  She went on to deliver another little boy a few months ago.  He was full-term and they are both doing well.   
    Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would take to your doctor about testing to see if you have a blood clotting disorder. Abruption and pre-e can be related.

I had pre-e with my first ds and now have an abruption with this baby.

My doctor mentioned I may have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. I would ask your doctor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I was diagnosed with HELLP after I delivered DD. I had a blood platelet transfusion 24hrs. after she was born.

I asked my OB at my 6 month check up if I should worry about HELLP in future pregnancies. He reassured me that the likelihood of me getting it again was slim to none, but that they would definitely keep an eye on my BP, my bloodwork, etc.

I am newly pregnant with baby #2, so I've only had one OB appointment, but so far so good. 

Charlotte March 2009 Gwyneth June 2011 Team Green March 2013
  • Options

Hey,

I had HELLP and lost our first born in August due to a placental abruption. The high risk OB told me that the next time around as soon as I get my BFP I need to start taking 81mg aspirin daily (it will help the placenta and uterus to adhere to one another...something with thinning the blood has been proven to help it) which will greatly lower the chance of it happening again. We plan on TTC in another month or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"