Single Parents
Options

Having a hard time...

I'm sorry to vent ladies, I've been trying to be really positive, I guess I am just really bummed to be back at work after five days off.  Things are not going very well at my firm and I'm looking for other positions elsewhere.

I'm just kind of "stuck".  I wish that things would get easier.  I know it's not right, but I feel like everything I have been through should entitle me to a little easier ride, right?  Yah, I know it doesn't usually work out that way.  I hate feeling down.  I hate feeling like there is nothing to really look forward to.

On top of everything that happened this weekend (getting stood up, dealing with seeing the guy I dated a year ago and having him say he regretted things, etc) DS slept horribly last night, so I am sure that's contributing to all of these feelings because I am tired.

I am just not sure what to do.  I don't usually get down like this and I need to get out of this funk.  Any suggestions would be great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Having a hard time...

• Options

That happens to me sometimes too.  I find that if I ride the wave, things calm down after a bit.  I would suggest you start by stopping at Starbucks, and then update your resume when you get a chance.  After work, go buy something new for your house or yourself, and admire it/how hot you look in it when you get home.  Many times that gets me through the day.  If that doesn't work, I make a hair appt.  Something about new cut/color always brightens my outlook. 

Sorry it'a crappy Monday!  ((HUGS))

• Options
    You have to do what is best for you and P. If you are not happy where you are at then it will effect the time you are with him. If I were you I would be looking elsewhere also.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are feeling like this and I totally understand. P probably senses your frustrations. Hang in there. Things will get better...
  • Options
    ITA with what FauxShelly said. I hate my job but when some days are worst than others than I just ride it. I usually take a little bit of extra time walking to the bathroom, or just looking at pictures of E doing something funny on my computer for a little bit. Jobs are scarce, so I'm not going anywhere! Keep your head up, and everything will be fine!
  • Options
    It sounds like you're being pro-active by starting to look for new positions.  It's crappy when you're so miserable at work that you start to get desperate.  Just take your time, keep working on it, and know something better will come along eventually.
  • Options

I hear you completely.  I've been feeling that way for several weeks.

I know you did what Shelley said to do already, all I can add is go buy yourself a pair of hot shoes.

• Options
    When I start to feel like that I reach out to friends.  Anyone that can come over to your place to chat at night when DS is asleep, or just have dinner with you guys? 
    DD1 01.19.07
    DD2 11.17.08

• Options

I'm so sorry things suck right now.

I believe it's really important to LOVE your job. We spend so much time there and really need to feel productive and appreciated. Definitely see what else is out there.

And there is SO much to look forward to! You get to watch P grow up! Sometimes I cry because I am so lucky that I get to play such a huge role in DS's life. 

When I get really down (because, honestly, shiit totally sucks in general right now), I try to appreciate what I do have. The most important thing always boils down to DS's health. I think about what my life would be like if he had some terminal disease or some major health issue. It pretty quickly snaps me into how much I have, because I truly would be destroyed if there were something wrong with him. I feel destroyed now, but I have so much.

It sounds like you have a lot of family support. I would take advantage of that by letting them watch P while you do what feels good to you, like go out with girlfriends, get a massage, get a haircut, go for a run, or just spend a lazy afternoon reading a trashy novel. It's important to take care of yourself.

You might also want to see your counselor or, if things are really bad, considering antidepressants. I'm not there yet, but it's always in the back of my head that that's an option.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"