Indiana Babies

This back pain sucks!

Since week 7 I've had some bad back pain on and off. I'm sure it's everything moving and shifting, but I feel/look like an 80 year old woman when I walk!

Did anyone see a Chiro when they were pg? Would you recommend it?

I've never been to one, so I'm not sure.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: This back pain sucks!

• I saw a Chiro before during and after and would recommend it :)

My Chiro said that it can actually help you have a less painful delivery in the end when your body is all straightened out with adjustments. And I think my delivery was great!  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sorry about the back pain, can't help there.  But I just discovered I work with your husband.  Small world.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear you're having back pain!  Do any stretches help you?  I would think the chiro would be able to give you some simple exercises and stretches to help with the pain as well as straighten you out.

I threw my back out a year and a half ago and it's taken me almost that long to get back from it so I can totally relate to the moving around like an 80 year old!  In fact, reinjuring my back is probably one of the things I'm most afraid of with this pregnancy.   

• imagesquishy00:
    Sorry about the back pain, can't help there.  But I just discovered I work with your husband.  Small world.
    He JUST emailed me about that! Crazy small world!

I hope he doesn't annoy you too much. I hear that he's a little different at work than he is at home (at least from Samreen!)

• imageirishbeffo:

Sorry to hear you're having back pain!  Do any stretches help you?  I would think the chiro would be able to give you some simple exercises and stretches to help with the pain as well as straighten you out.

I threw my back out a year and a half ago and it's taken me almost that long to get back from it so I can totally relate to the moving around like an 80 year old!  In fact, reinjuring my back is probably one of the things I'm most afraid of with this pregnancy.   

I haven't really tried any stretches. The back pain comes and goes daily. One day I can be perfectly fine, and the next, just hobbling along.

I've had SI Joint issues since I was in 9th grade, so I have a feeling that's part of the issue. :(

• imageJ9melissa:

imagesquishy00:
    Sorry about the back pain, can't help there.  But I just discovered I work with your husband.  Small world.

I hope he doesn't annoy you too much. I hear that he's a little different at work than he is at home (at least from Samreen!)

Haha, He's fine, definately entertaining.

• imagesquishy00:
    imageJ9melissa:

imagesquishy00:

Haha, He's fine, definately entertaining.

haha yes..Entertaining is a GREAT way to put it. :)
  • I am a huge advocate of seeing a chiro while pg.  It feels so much better to be aligned when all that stuff is shifting around inside of you.  If you don't already have someone in mind, just make sure that you find someone with a lot of experience working on pg ladies because I don't know how much standard training that they get on that...
  • I feel your pain - B was pinching my nerves in the back and I was THIS close to going to the chiro.  He moved so I never ended up going but we did take him after he was born.  I know the dr does prenatal as well.  We went to Dr. Nancy - www.drnancye.com

FWIW - I've never been to the chiro and was v. hesitant but after seeing how much better B was after I would go

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"