Upstate NY Babies

Thanksgiving Family Fun Times

I just found out from my mom that my aunt asked if she thought I was having PPD issues since having Charlotte. I was a little insulted because I have really been feeling like my old self more and more (I didn't really enjoy the process of being pregnant, but the end result is good haha)... then my mom told me the reason - being snippy with my uber annoying great aunt. The one that always has something to add, despite the fact that she has never been married or had children. For example, we were talking about how Charlotte likes her baths. My aunts addition to the conversation - "Well don't make the bath too hot!".... Gee really, I thought she would like it if it was scalding? bwahaha! Guess it just wasn't as obvious before. 
image        image

Re: Thanksgiving Family Fun Times

• It does not sound like this is the case, but just keep in mind anyone's comments...I had PPD, and it took my DH forcing me to call the doctor, because something was definitely wrong.  A lot of times it takes another person to realize that, especially for new Moms who are going through so much already.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I totally agree with mrsoc that it takes other people mentioning it.  (I was diagnosed with PPD really late, like after 10 months, but only went because my parents and DH urged me to.)

But I have noticed that since becoming a mom I have a lot less tolerance (and tact) for stupid comments by people who have no business telling me how to raise my child.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Older people (or really, just people in general!) love to give "great" advice on raising our kids, huh!?

My grandma is the worst! I love her to death, but since having E, I find myself distancing myself from her at family gatherings because she is always making some annoying comment. Like on Thanksgiving- Evan was eating pie (and tons of whipped cream) and she must have said at least 3 times about being careful about giving him too many sweets because of childhood obesity. Um, really- it's thanksgiving... he never gets sweets other wise.... let the kid have fun and OD on sugar for one day!

• Oh I don't mean to make light of what I know can be a serious issue, it was just the ridiculous reason she was asking. Those old folks!!
    image        image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"