Parenting after 35
Options

D'oh -- family visits are expensive

And we weren't even doing the visiting!  DH's family (minus his brother and his family) were visiting us.  But between the food, booze, THREE nights out with just the adults (not including my birthday dinner with just DH and I when my ILs babysat), two movies, one museum visit and the final Christmas shopping -- it was some financial pain.  Just checked the credit card (we put everything on that to build points) and OUCH.  Luckily it will all be quickly paid off (I figure by end of January at the latest) because I had most of my Christmas shopping done already to spread it out but still.  Mental note for next year -- it might actually be cheaper to fly somewhere and put the hosting burden on someone else!

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: D'oh -- family visits are expensive

• Options
    IKWYM. We spent a ton of money when DH's parents visited a few weeks ago. They paid for almost everything but we still spent a grip of cash.
  • Options
    Regardless whether we go or ILs come here we always always end up paying for everything so this is one of many reasons I really don't care for ILs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You really wanna fly with 2 kids???  I'd spend double doing the hosting if I didn't have to fly with my toddler!  (but we have no choice our family won't come to us)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No, flying somewhere is the worst. I am coming off the worst holiday and vacation ever. The boys were awful on the plane. Finn was in the worst mood the whole trip. My stomach went haywire. My FIL was mean to Bubby and ruined T'giving dinner. The weather in Seattle was freezing. My cat died while we were away. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

I am never traveling on a holiday again, we ended up having a T'giving redo at our house on Sunday which was nice but very expensive to to the trip and home dinner. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"