Indiana Babies

Monday check-in

1. Where and how?

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving?

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday?

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday check-in

• 1. Where and how? CD24 but not sure about O because I've been sick and not temping. Feel crappy - woke up with a temp but got a little attitude from my boss' boss last week about being out sick, so decided to come in today and secretly infect her office with my germs.

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving? Cookies that my mom made. The dinner we had at my ILs was not up to my standards (my MIL is a terrible cook).

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? Not really, actually - which is rare in our family!
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  4 weeks pregnant (!) and 13.5 months pp--hoping for a sticky little bean!

2. Stuffing and mac n cheese.  mmmm

3. We had our annual cookie baking day with my cousins on Saturday, so I went to pick up my mom and sister.  I told them I was on my way and I didn't want to get Claire out of the car (it was freezing), so be ready when I got there!  I'm waiting in the car for 5 minutes, and my mom comes out.  My diva sister is doing her hair.  10 minutes go by and still no sister.  After 15 minutes, my mom goes in to get her and she's still not ready.  So I left and went back home (I had forgotten Claire's milk and cups anyway).  I didn't want to go anymore because my sister was being a biatch, but my mom ended up coming to get me and drove us.  Ugh, I hate carpooling with them.  Always ends in tears. 

• Loading the player...
  • 1. First week of pills. Waiting for this month to end so I can get back on my old regular BCP before I was pg.

2. My moms smoked turkey!

3. Just stressing over my doctors appointment tomorrow. I was kept busy a lot to not think about it.

• imageNDwife07:

1. Where and how? CD 25. Had to go back and change my chart. What i thought was CD1 turned out to be just some spotting. I had three days of it. One bright red episode, all the rest were brown-ish. ODD. So now I'm nervous.

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving? sweet potatoes. mmmmmmm, love.

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? MIL. nuff said.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Where and how?  ??  I am horrible at keeping track.

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving?  Homemade noodles!! My fave.

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? Just Elli not sleeping.  She does not like being away from home. 

• 1. A month PP tomorrow!  Seriously it's going so much faster this time.  Feeling a little better, the last two nights I have actually slept in the bed in Noras room which has been a godsend.  Last night she slept from 230 to almost 7.  WOOT!!!!

2. Scott made a mean turkey this year.  Orange infused, it was so GOOD!

3. We have a toddler and a one month old. There are lots of stressful moments in our house right now.

Deleted
  • 1. 11w2d - okay

2. mashed potatoes w/ gravy, as always

3.  Nothing holiday related, but Yes.

• 1.  CD3...bleh.

2.  PW's stuffing...amazing!  And her butternut squash puree!  Yum!

3.  I always get stressed when any of the ILs stay over at our house, because they don't often tell us how long they're staying...but it went well, and I'm happy to have our house back!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Where/How
    DD#1 = 19.5 months, DD#2 = 22w3d pregnant. Feeling ok. A bit sneezy.

Thanksgiving
    Pumpkin pie with whipped cream. I love it. I want more. Right now.

Stressful
    Paige having strep throat and a double ear infection. Everything about it made the entire 4 days stressful (my family worrying about her being sick, me feeling like I ruined the happy family Thanksgiving, the travel, the sleepless nights, the clinging, the whining, the refusing to eat, the refusing to take medicine, a trip to the pedi... and me being worried sick about the whole thing - seriously, she's lost pounds). I need 4 days of vacation to make up for my 4 days of non-vacation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Where/How
    Maya just hit 16 months and I am 29w3d pg.  Feeling good and getting huge.

Thanksgiving
    Tie between amazing sour cream mashed potatoes and black raspberry pie.

Stressful
    Nothing stressful at all really.  It was a fabulous long break from work.

• 1. Where and how? 
    CD19 - I was 8DPO, but FF changed my O this morning, so now 3DPO.  :::shrugging:::  Between being sick and inconsistent wakeup times for the past couple weeks, I have no idea how accurate this month is.

Feeling incredibly b!tchy.  See #3.  Plus my computer has a massive virus on it and I'm trying to save a couple files before I take it to Tech Services to get it reformatted.

Jake and I got a hotel room on Wednesday night and had take-out Turoni's pizza.  It was freaking delicious.

Jake and I got in a huge fight about my cat.  He wants to find a new home for her and there's no way in hell. 

• 1. Where and how? 17 months PP.  I'm fighting a sinus infection that is kicking my rear end. 

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving? Is it bad to say my mexi-cheese dip?  Dinner was alright, but the family aspect was even better.

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? The whole weekend.  Seriously, DH and I got into it with MIL big-time on Friday night after she spent all weekend bragging about her other DIL and didn't say word one about me to anyone.  The icing on the cake was when they didn't include me on any of their BF plans until DH and I invited ourselves and then she spent Friday tee-heeing all night with SIL, taking her around the place, showing her all of the things that have to do with the family, etc.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. No clue.  I haven't charted this cycle.

2. Nothing honestly comes to mind.  We made three stops, but only ate at the first one.  The food got done early, so they all ate without us and it was cold by the time we got there.

3. Just getting sick of being judged for our parenting decisions.  Sometimes I want to be a total b!tch and just say, "Yes, you did do things very differently, and look how your kids turned out!"  

• 1. 10w2d Feeling pretty good

2. Green Bean Cass! :)

3. None. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. waiting for AF to be here soon.  Feel good but tired...not ready to be back at work!

2. PW's Nantucket Cranberry Pie...so good.  I'm glad I decided to make it!

3. Not really...just getting the meal ready for 15 was stressful at times but everything went smoothly.

• 1. Where and how? 36w 4d.  Feeling pretty good overall.  Definitely feel a sense of accomplishment after this weekend.  The car seat base is installed, the nursery is almost complete, and I think we have everything else as ready as we can be for the LO's arrival.  I have noticed more and more cramps/back aches and last night I woke up not feeling all that great.  I think we still have some time but we are getting close!!

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving?  Stuffing.  I swear, I love that stuff!

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday?  My parents lack of time commitment to anything!  They were suppose to come over on Sat. night for chili and watch the ND game.  They cancelled last minute.  Then they were suppose to come over on Sun. morning for breakfast, they cancelled.  Then they were suppose to come over for dinner on Sun.  Guess what, they cancelled.  They didn't end up showing up until 8:30 last night so that I could see my sister before she went back to college.  Oh and they were driving her to SB last night (2.5 hours from our place).  Not my idea of how getting back to college on a Sun. night should be! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Where and how? C.D.2. Feeling about how you'd expect on cd2. Also, was looking forward to not having to set the alarm to temp, and DD was up early anyway.

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving? DH's broccoli cassarole.

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? Nah.

• imageNDwife07:

1. Where and how?

CD 2. Sore throat and tired. Stayed up too late working on MIL's Xmas present (shutterfly photo calendar) 2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving?

Pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing!!! I wish I still had some left! 3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? My niece had the stomach flu Tues, Wed and Thurs morning. My MIL convenced my SIL it was ok to bring her to Thanksgiving dinner bc Raegan was the only other little one there and she didn't have a fever so she wasn't contagious! WHAT?! I was FURIOUS!! Well my SIL ended up with the flu Friday and her husband and FIL had it Saturday. So far we are all still flu free here. I swear some people have no common sense.

• 1.  9+months pp - doing great although not happy about my weight.  I told myself that I could have the full 9 months to lose the pg weight, but it didn't happen.

2.  I love my Aunt's broccoli casserole

3.  When you get 20 family members all in a house together there can be some spats.  Mostly it all went well though!

image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNDwife07:

1. Where and how? 8w0d and still feeling really really crappy. 

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving? Don't even want to think about food right now... but I was able to eat on Thanksgiving so everything was really good :)

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? Nothing particularly stressful... DH was on the roof trying to figure out how to hang Christmas lights yesterday, but that was the only remotely stressful thing from the weekend (apart from feeling poopy all the time!)

• 1. Where and how?

Almost 19m pp and 15w pg.  Tired today, I could use another couple of days off.

Ham and mashed potatoes.

Yes. My mother can stress anyone out and she certainly did so.  On Friday morning while we were in Texas, we found out my SIL was in the hospital due to blood clots in her leg.  We were constantly worried about her while we were gone.  Lastly, our flight home was pretty stressful with Tyson.  The flight itself was the smoothest I have ever been on, but dealing with him made me want to jump out the window.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 13.5 months PP.

DH's family's Thanksgiving food is not nearly as good as my family's. So I'd say best part was probably his grandma's apple pie.

I'm always stressed traveling with DS, it makes it 10 times more stressful when it's to my ILs house.  

• 1. Where and how?

CD13. Have a head cold...tired and my head is killing me.

Green Bean Casserole.

MIL and FIL coming last minute for Thanksgiving supper. I put the turkey out for hours to thaw, but it still was frozen inside. It did get done though and cooked perfectly in the end.

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  39w1d.  I've been sick all weekend with the flu so it's not been fun.  I'm happy I didn't go into labor while sick cause that would have miserable.

2.  Everything!

3.  Just being sick this weekend has been stressful for me cause I was hosting my family this weekend.

• 1. Where and how?  Haley 3y and Ashlyn 6m.  I'm doing alright today.  Wasn't quite ready to return to work, but oh well.

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving?  All of it? We didn't have sweet potato casserole, so my favorite was corn pudding and mashed potatoes mixed with fresh corn.  YUM!  Also, the desserts were to die for.  My mom made an upside down apple pie and my aunt made my favorite dessert ever - banana split cake.  I was in heaven and gained 4 lbs after it was all said and done.

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday?  Surprisingly no.  Usually there's something, but not this year!

• 1.4.5 months PP. Feeling good. G is sleeping better again, praise Jesus.

2. Hmmm. I'm terrible at choosing. Probably the ham. Yum.

3. Not really. I guess trying to get things done around the house has been stressful. It still seems like we have so much to do before Thursday. Yikes.

• LOVE your siggy lauren!

1. 7m pp.  My baby is growing up so quickly.  It was really hard to get up in the dark after a week off of work.  I just wanted to snuggle in bed with DH and LO.

2. Totally not a Thanksgiving food, but my most memorable meal from the Thanksgiving weekend was the streusel pancakes I ate for breakfast one morning.  They were DELICIOUS!

3. There were moments of stress on the plane since both flights were full to the brim and my daughter got a bit squirmy, but overall it was a pretty stress free holiday!

• 1. Where and how? 1 month PP.  Can't believe it's been a month.  Im feeling okay, but still a little sore at my incision and 'down there'.  I guess it's to be expected since I delivered both ways! Wink

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving? mashed potatoes. yum.

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? nope.  Unless you count both babies waking up about every hour both Friday and Saturday nights....

• 1.  CD10, feeling good - ready for DH to get home (he's been gone hunting since friday).

2.  My mom's sugar cream pie, yum!

3.  Not really, but I did get a lot of "when are you going to have a baby?" questions.  That's annoying.

• 1. 8 days shy of ONE YEAR pp

2. Carbs and lots of them :)

3. Not really except DD teething so she was fussy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Where and how? 22w1d Doing all right.  The weekend really sapped my energy and I've found my sciatic nerve with is *awesome*, I tell you. Confused

2. Best thing you ate at Thanksgiving? My MIL's green bean casserole was excellent this year.

3. Any particularly stressful moments over the holiday? Eh...My IL's (well FIL) stress me out after a few days, but other than that everything was pretty good.
  • 1. 27+ weeks pregnant. Pregnancy-wise doing fine but I'm sick with asore throat/head cold/fever.

2. Pumpkin pie. I did some damage on the "puppy chow" chex mix too.

3. Oh yeah. My cousin showed up with his new insta-family. He's been divorced for less than a year from the nicest girl ever (they have two young daughters together), but he showed up with some girl he met in Japan and her 9 year old daughter. Apparently he just retrieved them from the Phillipines two weeks ago and now they have moved in with him here. Weird. Then my husband's sister showed up with her new insta-family which includes three girls ages 10-19 in addition to her 2 young sons. She has also been divorced less than a year. Apparently I will have to buy gifts for these girls now since they will be at our Christmas gathering too.

And it wouldn't be a get-together with my in-laws if my MIL didn't guilt trip me about not seeing us often enough. Mind you, we saw them last Sunday for my nephew's birthday, Thanksgiving Day, and yesterday (all day). But, she wants us to do something with them basically every weekend through Christmas. You know, because we have a lot of free time and nothing better to do especially since I have to work so often on the weekends. I wish my husband would speak up - he thinks it's ridiculous too but won't stand up to his mom. Grrr.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1. cd 19ish?  good

2. sweet potatos were fab

3. other than starting a new job the week of Thanksgiving and having to adjust to that not really.

BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• 1.  Somewhere in the middle. 

2.  Pecan pie.  So very very good!

3.  Driving back to Indy from MI in the pouring down rain.  I was really glad that DH was driving!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"