Georgia Babies
Options

BRU Registry question....

Is there a minimum to the amount of items you put in a registry in order to complete it and get the completion coupon?  Also how much is the completion coupon?  Does it get mailed to you or can you use it when you complete the registry in store, for instance?  We really only need very few things, but we do want to get a new infant seat and so ideally would like to use the completion coupon on the seat.......just wondering if I need to put the seat in the registry or if I should leave it off so I can use the coupon on it?  just trying to game the system here ladies!  thanks!

Re: BRU Registry question....

• Options

Hmm. I need the answer to this. We need an infant seat too, and have no idea what to get, but if I can get a discount for it even better. We have the bugaboo so I need either a peg perego (what we had with Finn and HATED), a maxi cosi, or a graco snugride. And there are like 100 snugrides. Which one is best?

Okay, now I have sufficiently hijacked your post :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we're going with graco snugride, it is what we had before and we were happy with it and I think it has the highest ratings?  anyway, we're going with the 35 because we spawn giant children.  :)  the differences between them are the height/weight maximums.

now step out and let someone else answer my question.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only registered with baby #1 but I don't think there is a minimum.  However, what I do remember which I thought was weird was that I didn't get the 10% registry completion coupon until after my due date.  So, if they are still doing that, you wouldn't even be able to use it for the car seat.  You might want to put in a fake due date about a month before your actual due date?  Their policy might have changed but I found this to be annoying since I wanted all my shopping to be done before the baby came. 
  • Options
    I want to say that the completion coupon was 15-20% off. I was really disappointed because I didn't get it in the mail until a week or so after Emma was born (1 week from her due date).  You'll need the carseat before then, so I'd probably use one of their coupons for it, and register for stuff you won't need until closer to your due date.  Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The coupon is 10% off your entire purchase. As far as I know, there isn't a minimum you have to put on your registry. They send you the coupon after your due date so make sure to put your date about 3 months before the real one so you can buy your seat before the baby comes. Everything you want to buy needs to be on your registry beforehand since you are supposedly "completing" buying the stuff you didn't receive as gifts. But you don't have to buy everything you put on there to use your coupon. You can pick an choose the items. The coupon is only good once though so make sure you get as much as you want in one trip. Happy shopping! You can also register at the new buy buy baby and get there coupon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Honestly, if you don't need a lot of things, there are much less expensive places to get a carseat (and other baby basics). I'm a big fan of Albeebaby and I always check there before I buy anything in store...especially since it is tax free and often has free 48 hr shipping.

The only thing I buy at BRU anymore is clearance.....

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options
    The completion coupon wasn't much. We ended up ordering stuff from the internet. It was definitely cheaper.
  • Options
    we were able to go into the BRU at North Point, talked to a manager, and he let us get our completion discount that day vs waiting for the mail. You could try that, but ours was 15% back in August and you can use Bed Bath and Beyond's 20% coupons at Buy Buy Baby...might be a better deal!
  • Options
    You can put whatever you want on the registry and you don't have to actually "complete" it to use the coupon.  In fact, I even used it on stuff that wasn't on the registry for Gavin's Christmas, etc.  They mail it to you and you can use it online or in the store.  I do suggest fudging your due date for a month or 2 earlier so that you will get the coupon in plenty of time before baby comes.  I think it was 10% off your entire purchase at BRU... same at Target, but I'm not totally sure.  We used them both already.  Also, be sure to go and check out their deals today for Cyber Monday- lots of awesome prices- you may be able to beat the registry discount.  My advice is to put everything on the registry that you know you will need- no matter how insignifcant.  First of all, you never know if someone will look up your registry and buy it for you.  Secondly, if you need to return/exchange it w/o a receipt, they will be more willing to give you a full refund if it was on your registry.  I just did returned a couple things this weekend and didn't have a receipt.  He asked if they were on the registry and they were and that was it... full refund on a BRU gift card.  Much better than Target these days! 

• Options

I want the completion coupon, too, I actually set up a little registry at Buy Buy Baby instead (haven't even been into the store yet, just did it online) for the few things we need to replace for this baby, but I intend to buy them all myself in one trip with the coupon!  Did the same at PBK, my mom bought all our bedding for my Christmas gift and just wanted to be sure she was getting all the pieces, so I will use the coupon to buy the curtains and rug at some point. 

Soooo, I didn't answer your question at all, but I'm hoping to "game the system" as well :) 

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    y'all are the bomb!  this is why i come to you!  I'm definitely just going to find the deal online because we honestly only need two new crib sheets besides this infant seat!  woot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"