Philadelphia Babies
Options

anyone deliver at Lankenau?

would love to talk to anyone who delivered at Lankenau and has some insight on what i might need to pack in my hospital bag.  I am reading about ladies who say that their hospitals don't provide towels and things - any thoughts on what is/isn't provided would be awesome.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

Re: anyone deliver at Lankenau?

• Options

They did provide towels. I brought my own toiletries, but they also provided them (I know my husband used them). They provided pillows, blankets and towels for my husband as well. I know I used my own hand lotion and hair brush. If you're bf, I know I brought my own lanoish cream, but I believe they offered it to me as well. They also gave me stuff to give my daughter a bath in my room (basin, soap, washcloth, towel...) If you have specific questions, I'll be happy to answer, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. 

It was a great place to deliver. I will be delivering there again in April.

• Options
    imagelaurenc126:

They did provide towels. I brought my own toiletries, but they also provided them (I know my husband used them). They provided pillows, blankets and towels for my husband as well. I know I used my own hand lotion and hair brush. If you're bf, I know I brought my own lanoish cream, but I believe they offered it to me as well. They also gave me stuff to give my daughter a bath in my room (basin, soap, washcloth, towel...) If you have specific questions, I'll be happy to answer, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. 

It was a great place to deliver. I will be delivering there again in April.

Glad to hear all of this, thank you so much for answering!  I'd rather not overpack to the extreme if I can avoid it.

Is it safe to assume they'll put a tshirt or something on my kid while he's there?

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We spent 100 days in Lankenau ) - I was on hospital bedrest for 26 days i on the maternity floor and son was in NICU for 74 days (including my 5 day C section stay)- so we know that hospital in and out.  I could make you a list of stuff to bring if you were going to be there for extended time, but for a few days you really do not need much.  Bring a cheap pair of slippers and cheap bathrobe that you do not mind throwing away at end of stay- they will get yucky from bleeding, etc,,,  Cell phone charger is a must.  Chapstick!!!  They pretty much have everything you need including toothbrush and toothpaste.  If you have any other Lankenau questions, feel free to email me as I am not on this board that often- ifolkman at hotmail.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They really have everything you need, I only brought certain things like lotion because I like my particular brand. I also agree with the post above, lip balm, a robe and a phone charger -- all important.
  • Options
    Yes. They have long sleeve onsies, hats and blankets that the babies wear if you don't bring your own clothes.
  • Options
    I did! They do give you towels, soap, shampoo, etc. I packed my own pjs, robe, slippers (though they give you slipper socks), clothes to go home in. They did also give my husband stuff although he showered at home. I packed a take home outfit for the baby, although this time I think I may pack some other clothes also. It was a great experience delivering there, I will be there in july :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had both c/s there and loved it.  I took my own giant towel just because I wanted to, and my own toiletries since I knew I'd be there 4 days. 
    DD1 01.19.07
    DD2 11.17.08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"