Indiana Babies

my poor baby

Saw GI this morning and Andrew has a double ear infection. I thought he might have a sinus infection only b/c he keeps choking on something this weekend (I thought maybe drainage), unless he was choking on reflux.

Yeah. Awesome. He got his 3rd rocephin shot friday, at which time one ear was "a little red". 

The good news?  Things will happen relatively fast (not fast enough but faster).  She's almost sure it's all from reflux.  

He got an xray to see if he'll get his adenoids out or not. 

Surgery for tubes and maybe adenoid removal is next Tuesday.  We'll call every day and hope to get a cancellation because he's a mess and no medicine on the Earth will help him in the mean time.

The bad news?  She said kids with severe reflux, the surgery might not be all that helpful :( He'll still get the infections if he still has reflux, but they will be easier to treat.

We see GI today. I'm so glad.  I'm hoping to do a ph probe test and anything she suggests.

Re: my poor baby

• Ugh, I can't imagine.

That being said, the drops are SO much easier to treat ear infections than the oral antibiotics.  No noticeable side effects, no yucky diapers, no upset tummy, etc.  I REALLY hope they can get in you in sooner. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good Luck Kathy.  I hope they can get poor little Andrew all taken care of.  My oldest DD had to have 3 sets of tubes and then have her tonsils and adenoids removed.  Once her tonsils and adenoids were out, she was good to go.

I sure hope he feels better by Christmas time so that you all can enjoy the holidays.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh, Kathy.  Wow.

So glad you are so on top of everything, and that you have the strength to keep hammering away at finding answers for A.  

This is progress.  It doesn't sound like the next few weeks are going to be fun, or that it's going to magically solve everything, but it is definitely progress.  

You hang in there, Mama.  I know you're worried about the boy, but I will also add in a few prayers for you, too!  

• Ugh, poor guy!  And poor you!

Hopefully they can get you in sooner and it gives him some relief! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Buddy, I am so sorry that you have to deal with this over and over and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this works for Andrew and he can stop feeling so crummy!
  • Oh man!!  I hope this works.  :(
  • Oh man. 

Nick still got a couple of infections after he got tubes, but they were so much easier to treat AND they were less painful for him, because the pressure didn't build up.  A obviously has more going on but hopefully less pain from the infections will be good. 

Good luck at the GI!

• I'm so sorry things are so bad.  Who would have guessed?  I'm happy to hear that things are moving fast for you and that hopefully within a couple weeks, you may have a whole different child on your hands.  Prayers sent your way for everything you'll go through in the next couple weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"