North Carolina Babies

Preschool teacher Xmas gift?

One of the moms in Liam's class is collecting contributions for a gift card for each of his teachers.  I think this is a great idea, but I'm not quite sure how much to contribute.  I was thinking $5 each, does that sound right?
Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Preschool teacher Xmas gift?

• $5 seems a little low to me, but I'm not sure how many teachers he has. J only has one teacher, so I can spend a bit more since I don't have to buy more than one gift. 

I would contribute the same as what you would spend on a gift for them if you were giving alone.

• we usually do 20 to 25 a teacher for full time daycare.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Loading the player...
  • He has 2 teachers, and he's only there 6 hours a week.  I don't want to be cheap, but we're on a budget, and all these extra gifts add up.  Is $10 each more realistic?
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecrescentmoon99:
     Is $10 each more realistic?

I think so - enough without being too cheap, but definitely just stay within what you can afford. 

Now...I have to come up with a gift for J's teacher! 

• imagecrescentmoon99:
    One of the moms in Liam's class is collecting contributions for a gift card for each of his teachers.  I think this is a great idea, but I'm not quite sure how much to contribute.  I was thinking $5 each, does that sound right?

We recently were asked to contribute $3-5 for a Christmas gift card for our teachers.  C has 2 teachers, and between the classes, [MWF and TTH] there are 25 kids.  If each kid gives $3, then then this will give each teacher about a $30 gift card, which I think is suitable.

Just donate what you can.   Some parents will give more, some less.  It will work out in the end :)

• I don't think $5 sounds low at all. My mom was a pre-k teacher for years and most of the gifts she received were in the $5 range - candles, cookie mix in a jar, mugs etc. I would probably be able to come up with a nice gift for $5 by shopping sales.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I don't think $5 is too low to "contribute".  I bought both of Cam's preschool teachers $10 Target cards last year.  I know $10 isn't much but they seemed to appreciate them. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"