Houston Babies

My experience(s) with TSA

Sorry I didn't report back earlier.

We flew Wednesday AM out of IAH, Terminal B.  There were 2 body scanners, 2 metal detectors (i think).  They had 2 lanes open, one of each.  So, we selected the metal detector line.

I was wearing C in an all fabric sling. I took him since I thought I'd have to.  The man at the metal detector told me I could have left him in, oh well.

I had 4 full bottles of milk.  IAH has little machines that can test the bottles without opening them.  Very easy.  No problems at all at IAH

Fast Forward to Saturday afternoon.  Jackson, MS does not have body scanners.  Per my experience in Houston, I left C in his sling.  Of course, in Jackson they made me take him out.  I told him that IAH let me carry him through and they were so rude... "well, you can have a pat down".  No, thanks, I'll take him out, but you people need to get your sh$t together. 

Jackson still had to do the little strip test of every bottle... luckily I only had 2 at this point so it wasnt so bad. 

So... there you have it.  Hope it helps those of you flying with little ones soon.  I still don't know what woudl have happened had the body scanner been the only choice. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: My experience(s) with TSA

• So basically...upfront, your choices at IAH is either go through a body scanner or a metal detector?  And so if the metal detector went off, you would have to get the pat down?  Or can you opt to go through the body scanner after that? 

Did you have any metal on you and it was fine (i.e. underwire bra, button on jeans, etc..)?

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • imageLisaK2b:

So basically...upfront, your choices at IAH is either go through a body scanner or a metal detector?  And so if the metal detector went off, you would have to get the pat down?  Or can you opt to go through the body scanner after that? 

Did you have any metal on you and it was fine (i.e. underwire bra, button on jeans, etc..)?

If the metal detector goes off, they give you a second chance if you take off whatever caused it.  The lady in front of me was covered in jewelry... once she got it all off, it was fine.

I had on jeans and underwire bra... those never have tripped the metal detector before.  DH forgot his watch and had to take it off but they let him go through again. 

But yeah, at Terminal B I had a choice of what line I got in so I looked to make sure I got in the Metal Detector line. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry I never posted my experience! Our internet was iffy, for a while, and then I forgot. We flew out of C on Tuesday. We got ushered up to the front of the line because of Tracey, and the side we came out on only had the metal detectors. There was one scanner but it wasn't being used. I was able to keep Tracey in my beco and we made it through security in under 5 minutes.

I had seen a list of who had the scanners and who didn't, and I didn't think O'Hare had them. Au contraire. They had them on Saturday at the continental terminal, we did not get to cut ahead because of Tracey. When you got to the front of the line they were just randomly selecting people to go through the scanner instead of the metal detector (there was only one metal detector running, so the line was slow). We were not selected but I took T out of the carrier anyway and let her walk through to rrr on the other side.

At both airports I had a couple of horizon single serve milks and the swabbed them and the inside of my bag.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"