North Carolina Babies

baby name funny

So we only have 3 weeks left until EDD, and we haven't chosen a name for baby girl.

When C was at school last week, he told his teachers that his baby sister would be coming out of my belly in December and her name is Ava.  Well, the teachers told us how excited they are to meet Ava, and when we explained that we had not chosen a name, one of the teachers gave us a look, and said "well, if you change your mind, its a lovely name " 

C also told DH's best friend that his new sister's name is Ava.

Ava is not a name we are considering--we have no clue where it came from!!

Where do kids get these ideas??

Re: baby name funny

• I'm a newbie here but DD keeps saying she's going to have a baby sister named Sally. We don't know any Sally's nor would I use Sally. I asked her "But what if its a boy?" and she said "A Boy!? No Boys. A girl like me and YOU!"
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • I don't have any kind of cute story like this... I was just being nosy and decided to read this. The reason I'm posting a reply is because I saw my name on here! Cadegani** my name is Callan! Spelled exactly like that too! I was just curious about how you came up with that name??? I've only met two Callans in my life... one at Disney World when I was 4 and the other one lives in Wilmington... but she spells hers Callin. I'm assuming you're using it as a boys name (going off the middle name)??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Btw... I didn't mean to make it sound like I think it's only a girls name! In fact, I was often mistaken for a boy when people saw just my name... in school, when they'd call me over the intercom, i'd always get "mrs so-and-so, do you have Callan? Can you send him to the office please?" Then I would show up and they'd be super embarrassed so yeah.... I started going by Calli! Although my close friends and family call me Callan.
  • imagecalliTyler:
    Btw... I didn't mean to make it sound like I think it's only a girls name! In fact, I was often mistaken for a boy when people saw just my name... in school, when they'd call me over the intercom, i'd always get "mrs so-and-so, do you have Callan? Can you send him to the office please?" Then I would show up and they'd be super embarrassed so yeah.... I started going by Calli! Although my close friends and family call me Callan.

Haha, Its okay. We were originally going with the name Caelan. It's a Scottish name, my husband and I are both part Scottish. He wanted a name with the NN Cal. Well everyone wanted to pronounce it Caylan.  That's why we changed the spelling to Callan hoping people won't say the long A.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • That's funny.  At least he's got good taste.  I think Ava is a cute name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hehe.. that is cute! Smile

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• imagecadegani:

imagecalliTyler:
    Btw... I didn't mean to make it sound like I think it's only a girls name! In fact, I was often mistaken for a boy when people saw just my name... in school, when they'd call me over the intercom, i'd always get "mrs so-and-so, do you have Callan? Can you send him to the office please?" Then I would show up and they'd be super embarrassed so yeah.... I started going by Calli! Although my close friends and family call me Callan.

Haha, Its okay. We were originally going with the name Caelan. It's a Scottish name, my husband and I are both part Scottish. He wanted a name with the NN Cal. Well everyone wanted to pronounce it Caylan.  That's why we changed the spelling to Callan hoping people won't say the long A.

Ah! Makes sense! I'm Irish, so that's where my parents got it from! Unfortunately, a lot of people mispronounce my name... especially when they know I'm a girl! Most of the time, if they don't know me, they pronounce it correctly. Sometimes you'll hear Collin though... but at my OBs office, they all knew I was a girl and they kept pronouncing it like Kaylin. Drove me bonkers! I think you'd really only run into that issue if you named your girl Callan. But for a boy, you're more likely to hear Collin every once in awhile. I think EVERY name has issues like that though, unless it's a really common name. I think people have just forgotten how to sound things out in their head. I just always told people it's pronounced like "Allan" with a "C"! Great job on the name choice!!! I love it :) not like I'm biased or anything... lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"