Parenting after 35

Question about "rash" on face.

Sydney still has a cold. And now, it looks like we have a "rash" starting on her face. It's where her smiles lines would be. On either side of her mouth in semi-circles. I am thinking that it's from all the saliva? She had a seriously runny nose (which is now turning to green snot) and she was drooling like a mofo (because her nose was stuffy, I guess). Seriously, the tissues were getting saturated - mostly from the slobber.

So... seasoned Mommies... what should I put on her face? I haven't a clue.

TIA! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about "rash" on face.

• Thomas gets rash there too and sometimes the rash looks really dry and chapped so after I give him a bath a night I put some Vaseline on it. It usually goes away in couple days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Probably a drool rash from having to breathe out of her mouth. Try some aquafor or vaseline on her face before bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm as seasoned as you are, but I swear that Aquaphor helps everything skin-wise!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aaron has super dry skin (but not eczema) and vaseline or Aquaphor works when his cheeks get chapped.  I've also used Boudreaux's Baby Kisses (basically a vaseline for the cheeks/lips) and it's helped too.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • California Baby calendula cream works great for us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our doctor recommended Vaseline for face rashes.  We haven't tried it as of  yet, but thought I'd pass the recommendation along.  Hope Sydney feels better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"