Special Needs

When writing the parent concern section of the IEP

How do I make this look like it's our concerns and not a big *** session about what I feel the team is doing wrong?  We put in a call the supervisor about our concerns and how they related to certain team members not understanding Christopher's diagnosis and how it relates to motor skills, etc.  We are still maintaining he needs more services and his skills are going to stagnate rather than improve.  The PT feels his motor skills are not bad and it is a result of him not paying attention, being clumsy, and not having eye muscles working properly.  We ruled out the paying attention thing and being clumsy is a result of one of two things: he's MY kid and I was in the ER for broken bones often as a child and the genetic syndrome has balance and tone as issues.  We put in a call to his neuro-opthomologist about his eyes and she said that if he were to have his eye muscles not working properly he would be cross-eyed.  She feels it is a result of his motor skills being delayed.  I would like to make this as un-emotional as I can and stick to facts only.

Re: When writing the parent concern section of the IEP

• I can call the place doing the research study but we gave them the information from the geneticist.  The closest one to us that understands the 16p11.2 duplication is in Boston almost 6 hours from us.  I offered to bring back the results we get from the genetic study as well and present it in an inservice-type presentation to the team. 

I can call the eye doctor and ask that she write up something on letterhead to give to the school.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"