North Carolina Babies

CDing and Daycare - Cary/W.Raleigh

Has anyone found any daycares that will accept cloth diapering?  I would really like to CD, but LO will definitely have to go to daycare at least part time.

Has anyone "talked" a provider into doing it?  

Any insight is appreciated :) 

Our little flower

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CDing and Daycare - Cary/W.Raleigh

• I talked my husband into doing it with our 7mo, but he's a SAHD right now. I tried looking at providers that might do it, but I can't get any of the local day care sites to do anything online other than set up an appointment.

Some day, people will learn that there are many of us out there that do ALL our prep work and many 98% of our decisions by researching online. Making me come out to your facility before you answer basic questions is a PITA that I don't have the time for

Rae Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRasz39:

I talked my husband into doing it with our 7mo, but he's a SAHD right now. I tried looking at providers that might do it, but I can't get any of the local day care sites to do anything online other than set up an appointment.

Some day, people will learn that there are many of us out there that do ALL our prep work and many 98% of our decisions by researching online. Making me come out to your facility before you answer basic questions is a PITA that I don't have the time for

Hmm... so I gather it's going to be a difficult road for me.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I'll let you know if I find anything. 

Our little flower

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not in the Raleigh area, but I just wanted to say that around here, there are almost no daycares that will CD.  And they weren't really interested in being convinced either.  I was only able to find one center that would, and it wasn't a center I wanted to use.  So we just used disposables at daycare and CD'ed at home. 

Since you're only looking for PT care, I'd probably try to find an in-home center.  You're probably going to have to anyway, since you only need part time care.  And they are more likely to accept CDs, even if it's new to them.

I was told by several centers that they couldn't CD due to state regulations, which is not true.  However, that doesn't mean they HAVE to accept them.  So they didn't really care when I corrected them, most were not even willing to discuss it.  It was something we just had to suck up and deal with.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There are DCs her in Raleigh that do it, but there are specific rules they have to follow....

If I am not mistaken, Kids R Kids in Cary (behind Fresh Market) will do cloth.

Another option may be to use G-diapers for daycare only.

DH and I worked opposite schedules up until C was potty trained, so we never had cloth at a daycare center.  We had an in-home provider that would change cloth--she was a stay at home mom and she only watched C and one other kid.

• imageluckygirl0818:

There are DCs her in Raleigh that do it, but there are specific rules they have to follow....

If I am not mistaken, Kids R Kids in Cary (behind Fresh Market) will do cloth.

Another option may be to use G-diapers for daycare only.

DH and I worked opposite schedules up until C was potty trained, so we never had cloth at a daycare center.  We had an in-home provider that would change cloth--she was a stay at home mom and she only watched C and one other kid.

Oooh, that's pretty close to our house!  I'll check them out.  Thanks for the recommendations/insight :) 

Our little flower

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"