Georgia Babies

TMI Question: first period after delivery

About how long does it usually last?  I'm a P/T breastfeeder (only 2x a day) and it's actually sent my boobs into overdrive... I always thought the opposite.

TIA :)

Re: TMI Question: first period after delivery

• I want to say mine was about a week.  Not much longer than my usual periods.  However, the cramps were HORRIBLE!  I was not prepared for that.  Felt a little like early labor pains all over again.  Be prepared with some tylenol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know I didn't have one until after I weaned completely so no help in that department.  But the first 2 were the worst of my life.  I think a lot of it had to do with the BCP.  Once I stopped taking the pills my period went back to being very light.  I tried 3 different pills and they all caused terrible side effects that I never had prior to getting pregnant.  Very odd.

• Loading the player...
  • I was EBF when I got mine back, but it was only slightly worse than I remember my pre-baby periods being. However, I only had one off BCP before we conceived so that's not saying much....
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"