Blended Families

Family Tree's

Who belongs in it?  Steps?

My cousin was laid off about 12 months ago and out of boredom began researching our family tree.  She is currently back as far as our ggg grandfather. 

She put out a request on facebook to family members for information in regards to DOBs, marriage dates etc.

She sent me a personal email requesting my mom DOB and her and my dads wedding date.  My SM DOB and their wedding date.  She never mentioned my SS or my SSis which I thought was fine at the time.

However, now she has decided to have it all printed up and make a gift of it to every family for xmas.  Again fine , except I see on facebook that her SM replied with her kids (3) DOBs. 

WDYT?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Family Tree's

• Maybe she already had the info on your Skids?

Or, you could e-mail her and just pretend she asked.  Be like "Me and DH's wedding date is X and his kids DOBs are X and X."

I think it does get complicated when you include steps on a family tree, but if you want the family tree to be accurate you have to include them.  They are infact offspring of your DH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom's cousin does our family tree on that side. Our family is overly blended and she lists everyone (I'm the youngest of 4 and none of my siblings share both of the same parents even though my parents have been married for 35 yrs). For example: under mine and DH's name she lists all our kids and then in parenthesis under each kid she lists their bio-parents under their names. So in DDs case it lists her BF and myself and in SKs case she lists DH and BM.
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Loading the player...
  • If some step kids are listed, I feel all step kids should be listed. My great grandpa did family tree books when he wa alive. I have a half brother and my g gp listed him under my mom and dad and in parentheses put 'from xx previous marriage'
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • My dad and I were working on a family tree (im adopted, so is my sister) and its retarded because the program we were using "hides" those who are not directly "related" to us (my paternal step grandmother and and maternal step grandfather, both more real than their predecessors, are "hidden" as are my aunts and uncle from those two marriages.....gotta click on the relationship to see them....

Family isnt always about blood, my GGrandfather (in my adoptive family) was adopted by a priest, but its the love that grows these branches.  My parents have no bio children, but they will be living on through my sister and I and their amazing grandchildren!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"